Why become a member? ×

Help - Missing Travis Bean TB2000 - #391

nationofzeros

Dear all

Long story short ; I bought a beautiful Travis Bean TB2000 from a vendor in Portland area, USA late last year. It was shipped via USPS,  but is 'lost in the post' in the USA - or worse.

In case it turns up anywhere & anyone spots it, it is #391 and, like all natural TB2000s, has very distinctive / unique markings. Needless to say,  I would be very grateful if anyone has a lead or information...just in case

Thanks Chris

i7mr5af61za7qrhz32eh.jpg

rffak0ff8g2o0cv96env (2).jpg

Bugger. There was a thread not so long ago about a courier (DHL???) waylaying a Wal on its way to the US. It took heroic efforts from the, UK or EU I forget, sender, going up the chain of command a very long way and never taking their word for it that it was gondburger and eventually it was found and delivered. So keep at it.

...I should have said that what actually happened was that a USPS shipping label, tracking ID etc was created, the parcel was left at a UPS shop that does USPS pickups, and that was it - the tracking has therefore never kicked in as the bass being in the USPS system. My theory is that it is either in the Portland USPS hub in a big pile not yet checked in, or stolen

Thanks

Chris

I live an hour outside of Portland (Oregon, there are others in the US) and owned a fretless TB2000 for forty years. If you get any leads feel free to PM me and I'Il see if I can help. I'll keep an eye out and spread the word as much as I can in any case. Best of luck!

Edited by Passinwind
  • Like 5

I wonder about what happens legally to ownership of the bass turns up again. If a seller buys at an auction of discarded parcels (which happen), for example, are they the legal owner or do they have to relinquish it to the buyer? 

This happened to me previously. A bass I bought was delivered to Spain (95 stingray) and was never found.

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, Fluid Druid said:

Hey there! We are a pawn shop in SE Portland, Oregon. I think we have your Travis Bean bass!

Can you put it aside until the OP gets back to you?

On 01/04/2022 at 15:12, Passinwind said:

I live an hour outside of Portland (Oregon, 

Salem?

@Fluid Druid - I'm assuming you joined the site just to try to make contact with @nationofzeros, if so that's really very good of you to have gone out of your way to try to make contact! Restores some faith in humanity! Great work and I'm sure will be hugely appreciated by @nationofzeros as and when you make contact with them. Fantastically honest, the world needs more of the same! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NikNik said:

Awesome! How did you surmise that it was possibly stolen? 

Good on ya!

We were looking it up once the individual who had wanted to sell it to us. Somehow stumbled upon this blog while looking up the bass. We told the customer that it’s been reported stolen and we need to put it on Police hold. They gave us some run around story that wasn’t legit and they took off with the case with the yellow interior while we had the bass behind the counter. We told them they could come back when the police are here the next day if it was “theirs” and wanted it back. The ran to their car and peeled off. We have their info saved on file 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, binky_bass said:

@Fluid Druid - I'm assuming you joined the site just to try to make contact with @nationofzeros, if so that's really very good of you to have gone out of your way to try to make contact! Restores some faith in humanity! Great work and I'm sure will be hugely appreciated by @nationofzeros as and when you make contact with them. Fantastically honest, the world needs more of the same! 

Yep! I’m a local musician too so I’d want someone to do the same for me if it happened. It was too niche of a bass for me not to question it and look into it. If I wasn’t there that day I don’t think the bass would have stood a chance. 

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Fluid Druid said:

Yep! I’m a local musician too so I’d want someone to do the same for me if it happened. It was too niche of a bass for me not to question it and look into it. If I wasn’t there that day I don’t think the bass would have stood a chance. 

You and your shop have made legends out of yourselves over this. Well done. I hope you are rewarded, in whatever manner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1