Why become a member? ×

Warwick Dolphin Pro 1 - *SOLD*
£2500
Windsor, UK

pcrawf

Up for grabs - my last remaining bass (having sold my Wal on here back in 2013, and my Sei Bass a couple of years ago...)

It's an early Dolphin Pro 1 - with the usual early-model woods and Bartolini pickups. In good condition, just a few light wear marks from resting thumbs and fingers in the usual places around the pickups. It's been sitting around unplayed (I know, I'm sorry!) for years, so if it sells, I'll get it up to the guys at The Gallery for some TLC and new strings before shipping. Not a bass for the shy-and-retiring bassist, I ran this through a mix of Trace and Hartke stacks and it never failed to delver a *huge* sound 🙂

Attached a couple of pictures, and if there's any interest I'm happy to take some more.

Extra info: The scribble on the back is Hans-Peter Wilfer's, it says "For Peter from Peter", and he signed it after I'd picked this bass out of a row of 10 Dolphins at the factory. He said "Yes, that's the best one", and it turns out it's the one that was used in all the promotional material at the time. I have a copy of the UK A4 factsheet with pictures of this bass, and can include this with the bass if anyone's interested.

Pretty sure the signature stuff will come off with a bit of alcohol, but I won't do that until the bass is sold...

101-0142_IMG.JPG

101-0143_IMG.JPG

Edited by pcrawf
Updated description.
  • Like 17

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2022 at 23:56, pcrawf said:

Good question. "Heavy-ish" is my first (and not very helpful) answer.

Bass isn't with me right now, and I don't know off the top of my head, so it'll be a day or two until I can post a reply.

Any updates? 

Quick update on the weight. It's (a shade under) 4.4Kg.

Bass now receiving some love and attention ond once I have it back from the tech folks, I'll be able to take more pictures.

Thanks for everyone's interest.

• pcrawf changed the title to NOW SOLD - Warwick Dolphin Pro 1