Why become a member? ×

Concert for Ukraine - Ed Sheeran has a moment!

Even the big names make mistakes.

Ed Sheeran gave us his 'loop station' explanation last night explaining that everything you hear is live and then started 'Bad Habits'.

What he forgot to do however, was change his guitar to one that was in the correct tuning for the song.

Strangely, the ITV You Tube of 'Bad Habits' has been edited so well, it looks like it never happened.

Fortunately someone who was there captured it for posterity 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I`m glad about this, not cos I dislike Ed Sheeran because I don`t, it just somehow makes a huge star seem more human, and def will make me feel better the next time I mess something up, I`ll just feel that I`m now in good company.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

I`m glad about this, not cos I dislike Ed Sheeran because I don`t, it just somehow makes a huge star seem more human, and def will make me feel better the next time I mess something up, I`ll just feel that I`m now in good company.

I don’t dislike Ed, in fact, I quite like some of his stuff. As you say, this gives us all hope, when we inevitably drop a clanger. My favourite was forgetting to reset the D Tuner from the previous song :facepalm:.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sibob said:

I’d say that’s equally down to the guitar tech, they’d have all the guitar changes written down too.

Oh well, all of a 10 second divert.

Si

I really don't see that as down to the guitar tech. He had finished his first song, then went straight into his 'look at my loop station' monologue and started 'Bad Habits'.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sibob said:

I’d say that’s equally down to the guitar tech, they’d have all the guitar changes written down too.

Oh well, all of a 10 second divert.

Si

I've seen a tech try to catch his guitarist's attention for a G-change and failing. 😉

Just now, wateroftyne said:

As live as recording it the day before, I guess.

Does 'looping' not count as 'live' then..? How about delay, is that 'live'..? S'not as if there's a backing track. (Disclaimer: I know nothing of the bloke in the video; just curious as to why it doesn't count as 'live'...).

Peace. :friends:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mep said:

Been there too. Quick to fix though.

Only once you've been through the, "Something sounds wrong. What's wrong?" loop and other members of the band have given you 'the look'. :D 

Edited by ezbass
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Does 'looping' not count as 'live' then..? How about delay, is that 'live'..? S'not as if there's a backing track. (Disclaimer: I know nothing of the bloke in the video; just curious as to why it doesn't count as 'live'...).

Peace. :friends:

I guess you could get into the minutiae of it, but - in my opinion - it's not live. It's been done already, and it's being played back.

Not that Ed cares what I think, mind.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

I guess you could get into the minutiae of it, but - in my opinion - it's not live. It's been done already, and it's being played back.

Not that Ed cares what I think, mind.

For me it comes down to what I'd rather see: A band, or one clever person with a clever bit of hardware? (Hint: It's the band)