Why become a member? ×

Liverpool Noob... live venues, where not to eat, etc?

NickD

So we're off to the Drum Show at the weekend (and I hear there's a show covering both flavours of guitar next door too).

I honestly don't think I've ever been to the City as an adult. We're heading up Friday evening, staying quite near the Cavern for a couple of nights, and would be interested in any local band type venues nearby, Jazz, Rock, Reggae, whatever, it's all good.

Any other advice on eating/drinking places, or must see things would be great too.

TIA

• Like 1

If you’re into Indian cuisine I can heartily recommend Mowgli Street Food. They have a place on Water Street not far from The Cavern ( and another restaurant in the city too ). Wonderful food and not overly expensive.

www.mowglistreetfood.com

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, casapete said:

If you’re into Indian cuisine I can heartily recommend Mowgli Street Food. They have a place on Water Street not far from The Cavern ( and another restaurant in the city too ). Wonderful food and not overly expensive.

www.mowglistreetfood.com

As it happens, I am... and 3 minutes walk from the Hotel!

Thanks a lot

• Like 1

If you get a  chance pop into the Cavern Bar ( down stairs) and you can catch the Amazing Kappa band on Saturday from 5 pm till 10 pm. 3 piece band covering music from the 50s to really modern stuff.

Paul Kappa is an absolute guitar Monster and Maria is mean bass player too.

The place is always rocking when their on.

It's just next to the John Lennon statue

• Thanks 1