Why become a member? ×

Custom P-shaped bass with bart humbuckers STUNNING highly figured woods and hollowPRICE DROP £1000
£1300
Irthlingborough

BigJim

Hey guys, following many legal fees from a custody battle, leaving me in a bit of financial ruin, I now have full custody over my son and need money so I’m seeking off a load of kit:

The best 4 string I own!!!!!

This thing is AMAZING even if I did build it myself. Originally it was fretless, but I fretted it up a few months ago as have no need for a fretless!!

2 piece (1 split) flame olive ash back which I hollowed out the bass side and the bottom horn for weight relief and tone

1 piece split highly figured quilted/flame/spalted maple top

Bubinga board

Natural to bluey/green burst with matching burst on headstock

1 piece 1/4 sawn maple neck with a bit of flame on it

Glue in set neck

38mm nut

Custom asymetric shape neck

Bartolini Jeff Berlin pickups

Hipshot Kickass bridge

VVT controls

Backplate painstakingly made out of an offcut from the body

Fully shielded

This thing sings like you would not believe and is without a shadow of a doubt the best 4 string I have owned (a litttle biased but it is) and I'm already regretting putting it up but needs must! The woods cost me £550 alone for this bass!

It's stunning, sings like you wouldn't believe and has sustain for years!!!!

price drop now to £1000as need it gone for lawyer bills urgently 

IMG_4269.JPG

IMG_4270.JPG

IMG_4271.JPG

IMG_4272.JPG

IMG_4273.JPG

Edited by BigJim
  • Like 13

On 02/04/2022 at 10:14, soldersqueeze said:

Always love a blue-burst, great paint job on this.

Does this neck have a tenon running into the body or is it a bolt on neck that's just been glued in place?

It’s a glue in set neck so no bolt one. 

it’s sturdy as hell and has never moved… and the action is absolutely low and fast but can be fully adjusted to whatever suits. 

it was originally built as a fretless so has that kind of action! 

• BigJim changed the title to Custom P bass STUNNING highly figured woods and hollowPRICE DROP £1100
  • 4 weeks later...

It is indeed beautiful

i hope your problems are quickly solved and that one day soon we will all be drooling over a similarly beautiful replacement you have built yourself

Love the place name by the way, where is Irthlingborough?

On 30/04/2022 at 11:37, rubis said:

It is indeed beautiful

i hope your problems are quickly solved and that one day soon we will all be drooling over a similarly beautiful replacement you have built yourself

Thanks mate. 

it’s a little hick village (apparently it’s a town but I don’t believe that as you can walk end to end in 15 minutes) 15 miles east of Northampton! 

• Like 1

• BigJim changed the title to Custom P bass STUNNING highly figured woods and hollowPRICE DROP £1000
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 30/04/2022 at 11:37, rubis said:

It is indeed beautiful

It's in Northamptonshire

• BigJim changed the title to Custom P-shaped bass with bart humbuckers STUNNING highly figured woods and hollowPRICE DROP £1000
4 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Lovely looking bass, perhaps a bit of a short sell describing it as a P-Bass though, two rather tasty humbuckers perhaps dispute that title. Good luck with the sale 👍

I've done that thanks mate