Why become a member? ×

Hello! I am a bass player now?

Funkateer

Hi there, Chris (42) from Brixham, South Devon checking in.

I've been lurking around this forum, like an undesirable, on and off for a couple of years now. I've been playing electric guitars for about 30 years, played in a couple of bands in my teens and into my 20s but then we all grew up, moved and sadly I haven't played music with real people for over 10 years. Anyway, I've always really loved the bass in tunes. I'd say most of my favourite music is really bass driven (isn't all music bass driven?). I'm into all sorts but what really gets me going is old school Funk, Soul and R&B, as well as Afrobeat and Jazz-funk. With the intention of "becoming a bass player now", I bought a cheap bass and I did a good year working through lots of the exercises on Scott's Bass Lessons, only to get a bit "distracted" and start around with my guitars again, neglecting the poor bass in the process. It's a thing, right...?

Anyway, I've since picked my bass back up and it feels great so I'm determined to properly FOCUS on it and actually become what some would call a "bass player". I have a couple of good friends keen to start jamming and stuff, so I'm hoping that will help keep me on track!

Gear-wise, I'm currently playing a Squier Classic Vibe 60s Jazz Bass, which is nice but I'm GASsing hard for a P-bass of some description. Maybe a late 80s MIJ Fender 57 or 62 Reissue to match my Strat :D

My amp was a TC BQ250 through a TC 2x10 cab but I stupidly sold those to pay for my Strat. I'm now practicing through a hand wired Tweed Champ Replica (on low volume so I don't blow it up).

Looking forward to joining in; seems like a great forum :)

• Like 2

Cheers guys! The GAS thing is definitely a problem. I know there's the whole "spending time practicing will make you sound better than trawling the internet for new stuff" thing, but still...

I've already seen a couple of P-basses on here that tickle my fancy...😧

5 hours ago, Greatbiglows said:

Hi,

I am a newbie!

5 hours ago, Greatbiglows said:

Anybody got a Steinberger Synapse? Difficult to find any available online - curious about their resale value.

Hi Greatbiglows.

Welcome to the forum. As you are new you should crrate a new thread for your own introduction. You should ask about the Steinberger in the Bass Guitars section . There is also a For Sale section too if you eventually sell it. You won't get replies about it in this introduction. 

Edited by mep