Why become a member? ×

Pedal board mounting brackets

Sardonicus

What low-cost methods do you use for guitar pedal mounting brackets?  I found some online but at £4 for a pack of 4, that's going to prove a little more expensive than I expected (picture attached).

Velcro doesn't work for me as pedals still wobble about and eventually fall off.

image.png

Dual lock is very strong ( in fact hard to remove items if you get 400 variant )

I did use it on small mini pedals once and it’s perfect but I’m back to trusty Velcro for ease of moving pedals etc. 

Mine stay put nicely but are always on so only get an occasional stomp !

On 28/03/2022 at 13:51, BassAdder27 said:

Dual lock is very strong ( in fact hard to remove items if you get 400 variant )

Yes. In my enthusiasm I used a combination that is not recommended due to the difficulty is separating.

I found this out after I had some difficulty prising it apart 🙃

Edited by rmorris

I can safely say that my pedals aren't going to wobble or move any more.  The pedal mounts worked incredibly well, I fitted them to the pedals, screwed the holes into the pedalboard and attached the pedals to the board in under an hour without any fuss.

I've ordered some folding legs to give the pedalboard a better angle.

PB2.jpg

PB3.jpg

PB4.jpg

Edited by Sardonicus
  • Like 1

Inspired by this thread, and because velcro doesn't do a very good job of securing my chunky Ashdown tuner, compressor and Graphic EQ pedals to my carpet-covered board, I've just acquired some of the Spared Part brackets (the silver variety) as linked to by @tauzero above.

Surprise, surprise, they are in fact FSC IG51 Narrow bicycle chain links, individually wrapped and oil-free. Saves me degreasing any of the umpteen bits of unused bike chain I've got in the shed I guess...  😂

• Like 1

Bike chain and dismantling thingy have arrived, so I've had an experimental fiddle about. The chain arrived with a very light coat of oil, which was easily removed with a bit of kitchen towel. No need for a massive degreasing process. I've separated a few links and managed to get a number of 'brackets' which appear to be the absolute perfect size. The pics show one of the resultant link bits attached to one of my homebrew pedals. The hook velcro, which is now redundant, will be removed and I'll probably stick on some of those little silicon 'dot' things one uses as cupboard door bumpers instead.

I'm thinking two brackets per pedal should be sufficient, at opposite corners.

20220407_144444.jpg.9e7c37bba20860b8b932688005891e8e.jpg 

191708616_20220407_144537(2).jpg.6a1bea40c477712d1159d3bc901118df.jpg

1211388231_20220407_144656(2).jpg.7e62b98a159a2e71a21596c4b5c32851.jpg

• Like 3

Just for the record, the "brackets" I got from Spared Parts work nicely with my Thumpinator and Bass Soul Food, but not with my Ashdown pedals as the bottom panel of these also forms the sides of the pedal before joining the top panel along the top edge - I should obviously have realised this, doh!!! As it happens, I've stuck (haha) with velcro for the Ashdowns as the latest strips I've acquired seem to be tackier than the previous lot, and they're feeling rock-solid so far. 🤞

3 hours ago, stewblack said:

IMG_20220410_215946.jpg

I guess if you can't find a free used bike chain that's the next best deal going.

4 hours ago, tony_m said:

Just for the record, the "brackets" I got from Spared Parts work nicely with my Thumpinator and Bass Soul Food, but not with my Ashdown pedals as the bottom panel of these also forms the sides of the pedal before joining the top panel along the top edge - I should obviously have realised this, doh!!! As it happens, I've stuck (haha) with velcro for the Ashdowns as the latest strips I've acquired seem to be tackier than the previous lot, and they're feeling rock-solid so far. 🤞

You could always go top down over the side with long screws or coach bolts.

9 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

You could always go top down over the side with long screws or coach bolts.

Now that's a darn fine idea, especially as the pedals in question have a nice flat section in the middle for the brackets to bear down on. I had contemplated tapping suitable holes in the bottom plates, but long screws could be the way to go - they don't need to be that tight, just enough to stop the velcro peeling away. Might not be very elegant, but hey-ho... 👍