Why become a member? ×

RIP Taylor Hawkins

ubit

Tragic news. Can't imagine how Grohl must be feeling, a second band member and friend, he was incredibly close to, dying. 

I saw them back in 2002 on the One by One tour. He was gigantic behind the kit. In sound and personality.

Genuinely shocked by this. 

Not even a FF fan but their impact in the world of music can not go unnoticed. And he played a big part in that.

Heart goes out to family, friends, band mates and the gazillions of fans around the world who get so much from their music. 

I first thought (and hoped) it must be a hoax but sadly not. 

A fabulous drummer who could easily play what the drummer in Dave Grohl wanted and had the personality to match the frontman in DG, the perfect counterpart. 

Such a large part of the infectious energy of Foo Fighters. 

Terribly sad 😔

I've see Foo Fighters live twice, once supporting the Chilis and once headlining.

They're an odd band for me in that as much as I've tried I've never really been able to get into their albums, but live I thought they were absolutely outstanding, up there with the best I've seen.

Taylor was a vital part of that huge live energy and he will be sorely missed.

Really terrible loss. I’ve seen them live several times and, like them or not, they were always a very tight band and up there with the best in terms of live performances. His energy and his relationship with Dave were undoubtedly a big part of it all and you have to wonder if this could spell the end of FF as we know them..