• NickD
    • leonard smalls
    • Nicko
    • skankdelvar
    • SH73
    • upside downer
    • MoonBassAlpha

This poll is closed to new votes

It is time for the formalities of deciding the next monthly champion and after due congratulations to @skankdelvar , who is finding his groove with style, he chose the following image for the March challenge.

It is now incumbent on the BC massive to pick their favourite 3 

image.png.6e2c160ac8d35f2e67d424076ddc908c.png

Your choices are as follows ....

1.  @Dad3353  It was the colours that inspired, with thoughts of voices from the East; will they ever be heard again..? Where are they, right now..? To be played quite loud, to drown out the thud of cannons.

2.  @Nail Soup  Daffodils always remind me of a works trip to a daffodil festival. The organiser has a son with some kind of nuerotype which leads to argumentative behaviour, which is very difficult for his parents. This is one of the few works trips he didn't come on. That is one of the topics covered. 

3.  lurksalot    A few observations put together in an oddish sort of time , reflections of simpler things maybe 

4. @NickD      Inspired by the colours, the times in which we live, the thought of bits of kids being sent to do a job that's not at all what they were told, and the story of a very brave old woman.

5. @Leonard Smalls     Here's a bit of jazzy groove with a soporific feel. Or not! Either way, it's inspired by Frank Bough eating daffs on Nationwide 😁

6.   @Nicko  Inspired by the Latin name for the daffodil, Narcissus which led me to write something about those people that rate themselves too highly.

7.  @skankdelvar     Just a song about daffodils. They're pretty.

8.  @SH73    The song is called Diedfordills , unsure if lyrics have any meaning

9.  @upside downer   An instrumental with a slow and steady beat, a chilled feel and the wish that we'd all kick off our tight shoes, grab a tipple of whatever takes our fancy, smell the flowers and try and enjoy our time on this crazy old world with our fellow travellers in time and space.

10.  @MoonBassAlpha   It's a spring-like, yearning, germinating thing. Or something! ymmv!

Well that's your lot , and a jolly good lot they are too!

choose your favourite 3 

Voting will close at midnight on 31st March , which I believe is a Thursday,.... It is ... yes its a Thursday 

good luck to all 

Edited by lurksalot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, NickD said:

Calling @lurksalot. I think the poll might be messed up. It only seems to let me select 1 tune from this fine selection.

Many thanks Nick

i could blame a tough week and getting home late and falling asleep , or I could fess up and say I shared a couple of pints in the local on the way home and forgot to tick the box on the poll 😳

it should be good now 👍

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, lurksalot said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again , it’s a superb set of entries , much respect to everyone who has a crack at  these challenges  it’s incredible what gets put together in just 24 days .

Absolutely fantastic!

Every month I think I've created something that might just top the vote and everyone else ups their game.  Fair play to everyone.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lurksalot said:

... it’s incredible what gets put together in just 24 days .

Absolutely fantastic!

It's amazing I ever get an entry done (procrastination), and most of this one was an hour and a half leading up to the midnight deadline! (Got my deadline day mixed up). Feel free to say "it sounds like it", and I'd be the first to agree.

• Haha 2