Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Bass Special, Deluxe Series, P body J neck, active/passive 2016. High spec bass guitar - *SOLD*
£650
Darlington

karlfer

This series of basses ran from late 2016 until replacement by the Player Plus last year.

UNUSUAL high spec for any Fender, let alone Mexico.

Precision body

Jazz neck (the Player Plus appears to have gone back to standard P 41.3mm nut).

Similar logo to late 70's

12 " radius fingerboard (again unusual in Fender).

Medium jumbo frets

Sculpted neck heel

Precision middle pup

Noiseless Jazz bridge pup

Passive & Active (18 volt, lot of headroom).

Vol, blend, treb, bass, active switch, mids (treble works as tone control in passive).

Fender High Mass Bridge

Fender gig bag

8lb 14oz

There are some dints on the back, near lower strap button, from where it fell over.

The price reflects this.

Wonderful to play with a huge tonal palette.

Reason for sale is simple, I got a black, ebony boarded Geezer Butler.

Feedback also available elsewhere.

COLLECTION from Darlington preferred, or will meet half way, within 100 miles radius of Darlington.

Thanks for looking.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 12

• karlfer changed the title to Fender Precision Bass Special, Deluxe Series, active/passive 2016. High spec bass guitar
  • karlfer changed the title to Fender Precision Bass Special, Deluxe Series, P body J neck, active/passive 2016. High spec bass guitar
19 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

Ooooh, that neck looks divine! 18v too. If it wasn't for the fact I'm looking for medium and short scale basses at the moment, I'd be all over this. Looks superb. GLWTS.

It is Dunc. Not many Precision bodies with factory Jazz necks.

Quite a lot of features on this bass came from the American Deluxe Series(the predecessor to the Elite then Ultras).

Further PM's replied to.

For clarity, I think the price is very fair to both buyer & seller. They don't come up too often, they are very high spec & with current circumstances I doubt the newer version will get any cheaper.

OFFERS

The only offer I would accept would be £625 WITHOUT the gigbag.

COURIER

I'm reluctant but I would get a box from Halfords however buyer would need to organise & pay for the courier. They can make the decision on cost & insurance.

Thanks again,

Karl.

Bizarre that this is little more than some are asking for Player Series & £200 less than folk are asking for Nate's, Fleas & Road Worms, yet it's still here.

If it's still here on Sunday, I'm going to put my USA Standard up and keep the one that doesn't go first (that makes total sense in my one brain cell ☺️).

On 06/04/2022 at 08:19, FDC484950 said:

This is such a bargain. I’ve played the US Ultra, at £2K and there really is nothing to choose between them, and the 2-piece body nicely grain matched and nice tint to the neck give it a proper air of quality :)

Indeed, it is a bargain & a quality bass.

Little touches such as the sculpted neckplate (as seen on Pro 11) and the raised pole pieces on the A & D of the Jazz pup.

The 12" radius fingerboard is a wonderful playground.

Nonetheless it's more disposable to me than my Geezer 😁

• karlfer changed the title to Sold. Fender Precision Bass Special, Deluxe Series, P body J neck, active/passive 2016. High spec bass guitar