Why become a member? ×

Finger ramp?

NicoMcJ

Emulates the feel of playing over a pickup or fretboard and keeps the touch light.
A lot of players use the pickups as a thumb rest which can limit the positions they play, the ramp is like an extended thumb rest too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bunion said:

Emulates the feel of playing over a pickup or fretboard and keeps the touch light.
A lot of players use the pickups as a thumb rest which can limit the positions they play, the ramp is like an extended thumb rest too. 

That makes sense - thanks!

By coincidence there is a thread about these on r/bass today. I’d never been aware of such a thing until now. 
I tend to play at the end of the fretboard and sometimes over the last few frets depending on the required tone. 
Something like this might be useful positioned at the end of the fretboard but most seem designed to fit between pickups so no use to me. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cliff Edge said:

By coincidence there is a thread about these on r/bass today. I’d never been aware of such a thing until now. 
I tend to play at the end of the fretboard and sometimes over the last few frets depending on the required tone. 
Something like this might be useful positioned at the end of the fretboard but most seem designed to fit between pickups so no use to me. 

Almost all of them are custom made so you can get them for any position.