Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot AH1200-12

jay42

Hi folks

I have a quite wonderful TE AH1200-12 however I have a quick question that I'm sure one of you knowledgeable folks can answer:

I have configured the rather extensive Effects Loop to create a crossover where the low frequencies are sent to the left power stage and the high frequencies are sent to the right power stage, my question is this; when DI'ing to the PA, would connecting one of the Post EQ DI outputs still send the whole signal (ie both low & high frequencies) to the PA or would it only send the corresponding low or high frequencies depending on whether I connected the left DI output or the right one?

I would appreciate any help with this as I would prefer for the PA to receive a Post EQ signal rather than a Pre EQ signal!

Jay

Hi guys

Yes, I should have been more specific, it is the Peavey-era AH1200 I have. 'Old' Trace did an AH1200SM head that was extremely rare and ridiculously powerful but I've only ever seen 1 in the flesh so-to-speak.

Thank you for the info, I've been trying to figure out another way of getting the full range signal to the PA without having to use 2 channels. Would connecting the Full Send out to a DI box then to the PA work??

1 hour ago, jay42 said:

Hi guys

Yes, I should have been more specific, it is the Peavey-era AH1200 I have. 'Old' Trace did an AH1200SM head that was extremely rare and ridiculously powerful but I've only ever seen 1 in the flesh so-to-speak.

Thank you for the info, I've been trying to figure out another way of getting the full range signal to the PA without having to use 2 channels. Would connecting the Full Send out to a DI box then to the PA work??

It won't hurt anything to test it if you can't figure it out from the manual.

By rights a full range fx loop should have the EQ in already and if you are using other fx you simply put the DI in post them and before the fx return.

The doubtful bit is the onboard compression might be post all of that.

Just been studying the manual and getting a headache lol From what I understand, the Effects Loop is positioned in the signal chain AFTER the compressor so that being said, I'm guessing if I connect the Full Send to my DI box then it will include everything :)

There is no substitute for actually trying this out, I just wanted to get a little advice before I actually did it!