Why become a member? ×

Boss RE-202 and RE-2

NoirBass

• NoirBass changed the title to Boss RE-202 and RE-2

Nice! It's a shame the RE-2 doesn't seem to have the warp/twist feature so I'll be going for the RE-202.

I've owned the RE-20 (twice) and really liked it. I thought the Reverb could be improved - which is what they've done with the RE-202, tape saturation and presets added too make it seem like a winner. 

One downside: I love the space echo effect and found it works well for pretty much any instrument - apart from Bass! Not a fault of the pedal, just that reverb and delay added to a Bass doesn't really work, at least not for what I do (mostly Reggae/Dub) where the Bass almost always sounds best being a clean and solid foundation instead of a sort of muffled reverb and wobbly echos, it's the guitars and drums and vocals that sound great with that applied.....still though, I'm not one for learning my lesson so will probably be getting the RE-202 when it's available (hopefully it's not going to break the bank, but I'm guessing it'll be quite pricey).

Edited by SumOne

22 hours ago, SumOne said:

Nice! It's a shame the RE-2 doesn't seem to have the warp/twist feature so I'll be going for the RE-202.

I've owned the RE-20 (twice) and really liked it. I thought the Reverb could be improved - which is what they've done with the RE-202, tape saturation and presets added too make it seem like a winner. 

One downside: I love the space echo effect and found it works well for pretty much any instrument - apart from Bass! Not a fault of the pedal, just that reverb and delay added to a Bass doesn't really work, at least not for what I do (mostly Reggae/Dub) where the Bass almost always sounds best being a clean and solid foundation instead of a sort of muffled reverb and wobbly echos, it's the guitars and drums and vocals that sound great with that applied.....still though, I'm not one for learning my lesson so will probably be getting the RE-202 when it's available (hopefully it's not going to break the bank, but I'm guessing it'll be quite pricey).

Twist is accessible via external footswitch on the smaller unit. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cheapest I can see them is  £179 for the RE-2 (available now) £305 for the RE-202 (available June).

I think I'll wait to get the RE-202 once it's available but that price is starting to tread into decent multi-fx territory which makes it a bit more difficult to justify (although I never could get my Stomp to sound as good as my old RE-20).