Why become a member? ×

Custom scratch plate supplier?

Hammer_

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

You're aware gig.ink are a printing service ,it'll be up to you to provide the correct graphic and colour.

This.  What Gig Ink do (brilliantly, I might add) is use clear plastic and the custom bit is what is printed on the reverse.  I don't think that would give a realistic tort finish.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Paul S said:

This.  What Gig Ink do (brilliantly, I might add) is use clear plastic and the custom bit is what is printed on the reverse.  I don't think that would give a realistic tort finish.

Tim is very helpful in getting the finish you want

17 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

You're aware gig.ink are a printing service ,it'll be up to you to provide the correct graphic and colour.

Howdy guys,

Thanks for the fine comments here - very much appreciated 🙌

Just to confirm, yes indeed I do produce my plates by bonding hi-res full-colour printed exterior grade vinyl to the rear of clear shatterproof acrylic & cut to shape, so my plates don't replicate original fit multi-ply plates BUT as well as printing your images I do have have my own library of designs on file which include a LOT of different torts in many colours which can look astonishingly good - plus the gloss finish of the acrylic can be knocked back with wire wool - or simply a green Scotchpad for washing-up - to give a wonderful soft sheen if that's your thing. 

Choices, choices, choices . . . hope that helps a little!

Cheers
Tim 🍻

Torts.jpg

That tort on the white bass is perfect. Can I send you my pickguard and we work something out? I'm just looking for an acceptable tort, I was fine with WD Music, so I don't think I'm too picky and as long as it looks decent, I'll be happy

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hydra19 said:

That tort on the white bass is perfect. Can I send you my pickguard and we work something out? I'm just looking for an acceptable tort, I was fine with WD Music, so I don't think I'm too picky and as long as it looks decent, I'll be happy

Lubbly - Messaging you now . . .