Why become a member? ×

Custom scratch plate supplier?

Hammer_

4 minutes ago, Dr.Dave said:

Do what I do. Buy a clear pickguard and have any design you want on a piece of card under it. Something printed... Beer bottle labels ( copyright DrD) ......green shield stamps.... Anything. Then change it when you get bored.

Sounds like an option 👍

Howdy fellas, thanks for the heads-up - as fretmeister said all is sorted with the site now but shout if you experience any further issues, although as mentioned clearing the cache generally works wonders.

I've dropped you a line Hammer - looking forward to hearing your thoughts . . .

Cheers all
Tim

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hammer_ said:

Sounds like an option 👍

I've only done this on basses with a metal control panel - a Ray and a slab P. If you're talking about a more modern P design with the controls mounted through the pickguard it has a shielding strip on the back which is also earthing the pots . In that case you need to recreate it on the back side of the cardboard cut out under the clear pick guard. I asked a Q in technical a few weeks back and everyone seemed to suggest self adhesive copper strip from B and Q type places which is sold as a slug repellant ! Couple of quid for a metre on ebay. Anyway - I bought some because I'm about to do the clear pickguard/cardboard trick on a dimension. Had an email today that the pickguard is on it's way so when I've done it I'll report back on the shielding strip issue.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Dr.Dave said:

I've only done this on basses with a metal control panel - a Ray and a slab P. If you're talking about a more modern P design with the controls mounted through the pickguard it has a shielding strip on the back which is also earthing the pots . In that case you need to recreate it on the back side of the cardboard cut out under the clear pick guard. I asked a Q in technical a few weeks back and everyone seemed to suggest self adhesive copper strip from B and Q type places which is sold as a slug repellant ! Couple of quid for a metre on ebay. Anyway - I bought some because I'm about to do the clear pickguard/cardboard trick on a dimension. Had an email today that the pickguard is on it's way so when I've done it I'll report back on the shielding strip issue.

Yes hadn’t thought about the strip on the back. Good shout. 

We had to have some celeb toss fest on ice on the telly last night so I did these. I used two sheets of stiff printer paper joined together as a backing. The flags are a vinyl sticker , couple of quid on ebay. A4 size so had to join it. The other is beer bottle labels , stuck on with watered down pva. Put the new clear pickguard on top and cut round it with a scalpel.

I'll post another pic when it's on the bass.

IMG_20220328_104649_634~2.jpg

• Like 3

On 24/03/2022 at 10:31, TimAl said:

Howdy fellas, thanks for the heads-up - as fretmeister said all is sorted with the site now but shout if you experience any further issues, although as mentioned clearing the cache generally works wonders.

I've dropped you a line Hammer - looking forward to hearing your thoughts . . .

Cheers all
Tim

Still linking to the scam site for me 😢

23 hours ago, T-Bay said:

Still linking to the scam site for me 😢

Arrgghhhh - how frustrating.

Have you cleared your cache T-Bay? If not it'll be loading what you last looked at. Please try that & shout if it's still causing you problems . . .

Apologies
T

29 minutes ago, TimAl said:

Arrgghhhh - how frustrating.

Have you cleared your cache T-Bay? If not it'll be loading what you last looked at. Please try that & shout if it's still causing you problems . . .

Apologies
T

Cleared cache but didn’t work, cleared all history and did a hard restart and it’s ok now. Must have been something still there. These scumbags just make life hard for small businesses. But it’s working now, so all good.

• Like 1

Just now, T-Bay said:

Cleared cache but didn’t work, cleared all history and did a hard restart and it’s ok now. Must have been something still there. These scumbags just make life hard for small businesses. But it’s working now, so all good.

Phew!

You're not wrong there - but glad to hear you've got it sorted your end now, as I did *think* I'm clean 😇

Just reading that as of today slug pellets are banned in the UK.

We may do well to get stocked up on the stick backed copper tape before the price goes up. 

Don't waste any you have in the garden shed . Crushed egg shells around the stems keep slugs off plants just as well - perhaps not so good at shielding !