Why become a member? ×

Primus play Rush A farewell to Kings ,Uk dates

bnt

Primus has announced a 16-stop tour of Europe, including the UK & Ireland, which includes a full version of Rush's A Farewell To Kings:

• 27/09: Glasgow, O2 Academy
  • 29/09: London, Eventim Apollo (Hammersmith)
  • 30/09: Manchester, Academy
  • 01/10: Dublin, Olympia

Details of the other dates are on Primusville. Tickets go on sale on Friday, 10am in the case of Dublin. I'll try and get a ticket for the Olympia, though I'll be working and can't exactly sit on TicketB'stard all morning!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ped said:

Cheers!! I don't go to many gigs so never quite sure where to get tickets without being ripped off or missing out. See you there!

Its £6 quid charge per ticket still ! but its the official link so hey ho !  general sale friday so get in with code 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveXFR said:

I love Rush but just can't be dealing with Claypool's bass and vocals. Will he turn the Rush songs in to his usual slapfest?

Decide for yourself

Sound quality isn't amazing but Les is obviously not aproaching this with his usual vocal style. 

I didn't hear any slap either.

Btw I didn't post it here because of spoilers but if anyone's interested there's a entire set from this tour up on Youtube. No idea if it's watchable quality though.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cato said:

Decide for yourself

Soumd quality isn't amazing but Les is obviously not aproaching this with his usual vocal style. 

I didn't hear any slap either.

Btw I didn't post it here because of spoilers but if anyone's interested there's a entire set from this tour up on Youtube. No idea if it's watchable quality though.

That's pretty good. First time I've enjoyed listening to Primus

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

It's funny, because I can't be dealing with Geddy's bass and vocals but love Primus! Hope he turns it into his usual slapfest... 😁

i Think the slap tag has stuck but across a Primus show he pretty much covers it all inc Stand up with a bow .It will be a bit weird but i like weird and they do Primus stuff after the Rush 

13 minutes ago, FDC484950 said:

So… basically a covers band?

Yeah,like when Rush did  covers 

Primus have released covers in the past 

Geddys change in style with his right hand was down to Les ,that percussive fanning he did with his fingers 

Edited by jazzmanb

21 minutes ago, Muzz said:

So, is this tour Primus pretty much playing Rush? I wouldn't mind seeing Primus as Primus, but from the videos I've seen, there's Rush tribute bands out there doing a better job...

FTK album in full then Primus songs is the reports from shows thus far 

22 minutes ago, Muzz said:

So, is this tour Primus pretty much playing Rush? I wouldn't mind seeing Primus as Primus, but from the videos I've seen, there's Rush tribute bands out there doing a better job...

Assuming they adopt the same format as previously for this tour (and nothing suggests they won’t from what I’ve seen) it’ll be two sets - first set original Primus, second set Farewell…

4 hours ago, jazzmanb said:

Yeah,like when Rush did  covers 

Primus have released covers in the past 

Geddys change in style with his right hand was down to Les ,that percussive fanning he did with his fingers 

Oh, it’s Les’s fault for that? Good to know. Sounds awful.