Why become a member? ×

Fender Modern Player Jazz (please read) - *SOLD*
£550
Manchester

AndyTravis

Rescued from a local studio…

The headstock had met an accident. The body though was unscathed.

I bought it from the original owner as I’ve always fancied one…then set about buying a really decent neck to make it a solid bass again.

Brand new Roasted Maple Fender, which feels amazing and is snappy as hell and skinny…I then realised the boffins at fender had made the headstock holes too small for the original fender tuners.

So I bought a set of Hipshot licensed 1/2” diameter machine-heads which are ace.

the body itself is a satin black - sometimes looks Smokey grey and then totally black…has some shinier areas - suppose that’s the nature of matte black.

plays well/sounds great - needs a last fettle on the nut - i can’t find my nut files and don’t want to bodge - but with commitments to family/house - can’t get to local luthier for weeks. The supplied nut was only guide grooved and I have E/A just about right but nothing slim enough for D/G so white it’s playable it could just be inched better.

This is the Mk2 version and has rotary selector/volume/volume/tone and an edge socket.

The selector has 4 positions which mix all of the coils in various combinations 2 warmer/vintage and 2 bright - slappers delight.

you can then blend/vary as you wish.

high mass fender bridge and a decent weight - about 9lbs.

Fender bag included.

Original neck and tuners included. The neck is split across the headstock and I’ve glued and clamped it but it’s done - in all fairness.

Shipping can happen in UK. 

£25 uninsured/more if insured. Can do a hiscox case for shipping which will change the end price.

I’m not after trades - I’ve got a full rack and full cases. So need to slim down the stuff.

I’d be keeping it, but about 2 days after bringing it home, I bought my old Musicman Bongo back which does the HH thing wonderfully and a couple of J types I have sentimental connections with.

So - a massively tweaked modern classic.

I’m in Manchester and collection (evenings and weekends) possible…

Thanks

AndyEFB2F9FD-B7EA-433D-820B-E80D6606BA24.thumb.jpeg.f4df6bbf6560479940b7b1ecd6d970b8.jpeg5FC8C451-1A56-4544-962C-063F721AC2CD.thumb.jpeg.b55d0325f45440e9170d8163c4623347.jpeg

7EA59462-EA5A-4EE4-A74D-54D3B7CD9CF6.jpeg

77BBA163-80DB-4FFD-BF55-0BD0C58EAFA5.jpeg

1717F608-B674-4E55-84D2-4612C9469979.jpeg

38F1BE3A-18AC-4FC4-BB62-8545A310B7A9.jpeg

Edited by AndyTravis
Sold
  • Like 17

11 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

The selector has 4 positions which mix all of the coils in various combinations 2 warmer/vintage and 2 bright - slappers delight.

Adapted from an old Bass Direct listing:

1. Neck + Bridge

2. Neck + Outer Coil of Bridge

3. Outer Coil of Neck + Bridge

4. Outer Coil of Neck + Outer Coil of Bridge

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• AndyTravis changed the title to Sold - Fender Modern Player Jazz (please read)