Why become a member? ×

TECH21 Geddy Lee YYZ Signature SansAmp Pedal - Pristine Condition - £150 plus P&P - *SOLD*
£150
Leicestershire

Eldon Tyrell

Selling my Geddy Lee YYZ Signature SansAmp pedal. Bought it a year ago and only used it a few times at home. The pedal is in pristine condition and comes with the original tin box, manual, warranty card and sticker.

Happy to ship within the UK for an additional £6 (decent courier).

Shipping costs to the EU and the rest of the world would be significantly higher.

Here are some details about the pedal taken from Tech 21’s website:

“Wanting to streamline and simplify his gear for new projects, Geddy Lee partnered with Tech 21 to design a signature rackmount SansAmp, the GED-2112. This challenging collaboration involved distilling a boatload of equipment into a single rackspace. Challenging ourselves, to bring a super-compact, portable alternative, we further distilled the rackmount into a pedal format. The SansAmp YYZ offers Geddy’s core sound and the versatility for many different styles.

Geddy Lee YYZ Signature SansAmp FEATURES:

• All analog SansAmp technology enables you to record directly and enhance previously recorded tracks. For live performances, the YYZ can drive a power amp and speakers, augment your existing amplifier set-up, or run directly into the mixer of a PA system.

• Mix control to blend the ratio of high-end studio clean and dirty bass tube amp tones.

• Tight button to add definition to your notes in cleaner settings and make distorted tones snappier.

• Drive adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive, similar to when the output section of a tube amp is being pushed.

• Active 3-band EQ.

• Master volume.

• Operable with 9V alkaline battery (not included) or optional DC power supply (Tech 21 model #DC2, #DC4 or #DC9).”

T1.thumb.jpg.15c27b26a8c9178c4cc2af5d3d035e76.jpg

T2.thumb.jpg.fa5ab869910453c81ca12c8fef063042.jpg

T3.thumb.jpg.7268ed9ae41a6ec2f463ebc2ef942edb.jpgT4.thumb.jpg.570b512cdde3d6a5e5f738a7d53428ec.jpg

T5.thumb.jpg.5f0cd4e8d1696aa6c8bc255ad29f5c95.jpg

Edited by Eldon Tyrell

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

No love for Geddy Lee? 😞

Love him, love his sound this did interest me until I remembered I’m slowly heading the older bassist route. 
As radio 4 has now become of interest to me I’ve also started to prefer the sound of flats through the Noble on a passive bass. 
I’ve also a tube OD for a bit of grit 

Tubes… hmmmmm 😛
I would buy it as I’ve always been intrigued by them but it will end up on the wardrobe gathering dust no doubt 😂🤣

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bunion said:

Love him, love his sound this did interest me until I remembered I’m slowly heading the older bassist route. 

Sounds like the very effect pedal you've been looking for - Geddy Lee, 68. ;) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, loveboatcaptain said:

Does it have a DI output?

I has a 1/4'' universal output. According to the manual, "SansAmp’s technologically advanced, single Universal Output is physically compatible for any application: full range (tape, studio monitors, P.A., stereo) and limited range (rack systems, pre-amps, head and cabinet, combos, practice amps)."

The pedal can be used to record directly. 

"You can plug directly into the input of a mixer/recorder and use the on-board sounds of SansAmp YYZ"

More info can be found in the user's manual:

https://www.tech21nyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Geddy_YYZ_OM.pdf

• 1 month later...

I remember when these came out; I went to a shop, picked up a Rickenbacker bass, plugged into this and whatever amp (I think it was a Markbass), set the controls to 12 o'clock, and went "Yep - that sounds about right".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Eldon Tyrell changed the title to SOLD - TECH21 Geddy Lee YYZ Signature SansAmp Pedal - Pristine Condition - £150 plus P&P