Why become a member? ×

£350 - Sire V7 active 5 string jazz bass - price reduction - *SOLD*
£400
Killingworth, North Tyneside

JPJ

Sire V7 bass for sale 

I bought this Sire V7 bass to keep in Holland when I worked out there, now I’m home she’s been relegated to fifth place in the bass line up and she’s too good for that. Finished in black she’s immaculate apart from one patch on the back where it looks like the finish has reacted to the rubber on the stand I kept her on in Holland. The finish is intact and not soft, but you can see the contact patch from the stand in one location. I’ve tried to photo this but it’s a bugger on a shiny black bass!
I’ve ‘upgraded’ her to metal knobs from John East but she’ll come with the original plastic knobs and the original tort scratch plate. 
Great active five string bass and she’ll come in the Sire gig bag which was an extra purchase. Prefer collection only from Killingworth. Price £400, or £350 without the metal knobs and gig bag.

84036C30-8E8B-49FA-B924-87D12F51F179.jpeg

958B791A-CB89-4B1C-AF72-0D65D096637E.jpeg

0DCF6B5F-2E26-4006-8AEA-71FEFBD8C252.jpeg

83E9E859-514E-4046-B592-00004C42137E.jpeg

181B26FC-181D-4073-B1E1-05FF66383B7C.jpeg

D28BBEB1-9C1C-4F98-9222-E94DFD2208C9.jpeg

Edited by JPJ
Price reduction
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Price drop, £375 with gig bag and knobs, £325 in old but serviceable flight case but without knobs. Also, I forgot to mention that she’ll come with her original tort pickguard as well on either purchase option. 

• JPJ changed the title to Sire V7 active 5 string jazz bass - price reduction

Got something inbound so need this gone this weekend. So here’s a deal, £300 in original condition in old but serviceable flight case, or £350 including gig bag and metal knobs. Absolute bargain of the year but I need to placate the significant other.

18 minutes ago, FDC484950 said:

I think it’s a series 1. This bass has block shaped bridge saddles, my series 2 had tubular saddles like a Fender.

Thanks, as I said I wasn’t sure 😎

Version 2 also has the screw down battery cover and the newer (supposedly better) pickups with the logo on. Also has the rolled fingerboard edges but that's a little harder to spot in pics!

Used prices for the version 2 5ers has been sub £350 recently and that's often the more desirable ash bodied versions, sometimes with cases as well. Gen 1 usually goes for a bit less.

11 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

Version 2 also has the screw down battery cover and the newer (supposedly better) pickups with the logo on. Also has the rolled fingerboard edges but that's a little harder to spot in pics!

Used prices for the version 2 5ers has been sub £350 recently and that's often the more desirable ash bodied versions, sometimes with cases as well. Gen 1 usually goes for a bit less.

Thanks 😎

On 10/04/2022 at 20:36, FDC484950 said:

I think it’s a series 1. This bass has block shaped bridge saddles, my series 2 had tubular saddles like a Fender.

There are 2 versions of the version 2's 🤓. Original Version 2 has the block shaped saddles, "updated" version 2 has the round ones. 

Nice knobs on this one!

Edited by Johncee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

No love for this beautiful v1 Sire bass? Just £350 with the upgrades and the Sire gig bag, or £300 with original knobs and an old but serviceable flight case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • JPJ changed the title to £350 - Sire V7 active 5 string jazz bass - price reduction
  • 2 weeks later...
  • JPJ changed the title to SOLD - Sire V7 active 5 string jazz bass - SOLD