Why become a member? ×

Problem with Blend control on Jazz bass.

squire5

Heads up guys, sorry for the delay.I replaced both pots and re-wired to Bigguy's 2nd option.Still no joy.The  signal still disappears after the centre detent on the blend control.Master volume and tone are fine,the pups are fine,so I guess its the blend control.2 ordered off Amazon........Watch this space.

Well guys,success at last....sort of.I swapped the blend pot over for a  new one,connected it up paying special attention to the 'X' configuration,as Paul suggested and everything works.Just one thing though.The stock Jazz bass knobs are now no longer a proper fit for the new pots.The pot shafts are too tall and now the knobs look ridiculous.But bugger it,I've spent enough time messing about with it.It'll do.Thanx for the input y'all.

6 minutes ago, squire5 said:

The stock Jazz bass knobs are now no longer a proper fit for the new pots.The pot shafts are too tall and now the knobs look ridiculous.But bugger it,I've spent enough time messing about with it.It'll do.Thanx for the input y'all.

If you use two bolts on the pot, one below and one above, you can make sure the minimum amount of the control is above and it will fit better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

If you use two bolts on the pot, one below and one above, you can make sure the minimum amount of the control is above and it will fit better.

If I had brains,Id be dangerous!! Of course Wood,never thought of that🙄Thanx.