Why become a member? ×

Somefing wot I did, part 3 - one for the P bass fans....

Grassie

• 1 month later...

Guys - I haven't forgotten you, I've been mega busy with other stuff (work and gigs mainly) but I should be able to get the prints in my grubby mitts by the end of the month, then I'll contact each of you individually to arrange delivery etc.

Fanx. :) 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi all,

Right - all those that expressed an interest in acquiring one of these prints please raise your hands. I’d almost forgotten about this until @mowf messaged me last week asking if he’s missed a print run.

Life has (as it so often does) gotten in the way, but things have evened out somewhat, so again, if there is enough interest, I’ll get a run printed. Haven’t worked out a price yet (as I need a quote from the printers) but as soon as I get a final number I can PM each of you with details. 😊

1 hour ago, ead said:

One for me please.

I do feel Carol Kaye is an omission though.

It’s a difficult one. Part of the remit I set for myself was that each bass had to be distinctive from the rest in terms of colour/wood combinations etc. I didn’t include JJ Burnel’s black and maple P for this reason because visually it looks the same as the Roger Waters one. The only deviation from this rule is the three sunburst/maple precisions (Duck Dunn/Sting/NWR), and I included those because even though they share the same colour combination, they are distinctive enough from each other that visually they don’t clash.

I do love the idea of an all-female bass print similar to this and my last effort, so I think that will be my next project. 😊

• Like 2

On 19/03/2022 at 13:07, Grassie said:

Afternoon all,

Some of you may well remember my post from 2018 (I can't believe it's four years ago...) found here:

Well, I finally created a follow-up and I'm rather pleased with it. If you're a precision bass type of guy (or girl) then this should be right up your rue.

Let me know what you all think - constructive criticism welcomed of course....

This will probably end up as a run of prints as before, if there's enough interest that is. :D

Cheers! 

The Precision Bass Collection watermarked.jpg

Is this a "find the two basses that got the P pickup oriented the proper way" kind of puzzle? ;)

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
Wow, humor police/cultural discrimination much (I've heard before that irony is supposed to be a specific Danish form of humor that other nationalities will have a tendency to perceive as snarky sarcasm. That would however explain a few things) ;(
  • Like 1

On 27/03/2023 at 15:37, Grassie said:

Hi all,

Right - all those that expressed an interest in acquiring one of these prints please raise your hands. I’d almost forgotten about this until @mowf messaged me last week asking if he’s missed a print run.

Life has (as it so often does) gotten in the way, but things have evened out somewhat, so again, if there is enough interest, I’ll get a run printed. Haven’t worked out a price yet (as I need a quote from the printers) but as soon as I get a final number I can PM each of you with details. 😊

Yes, one for me please👍

• Like 1

On 28/03/2023 at 11:34, Grassie said:

It’s a difficult one. Part of the remit I set for myself was that each bass had to be distinctive from the rest in terms of colour/wood combinations etc. I didn’t include JJ Burnel’s black and maple P for this reason because visually it looks the same as the Roger Waters one. The only deviation from this rule is the three sunburst/maple precisions (Duck Dunn/Sting/NWR), and I included those because even though they share the same colour combination, they are distinctive enough from each other that visually they don’t clash.

I do love the idea of an all-female bass print similar to this and my last effort, so I think that will be my next project. 😊

I might be interested in one with bass playing women. 😊

Doesn't have to be just precisions either.

Carol Kaye's sunburst P with tort, Suzi Quattro's sunburst P with gold, Kim Deal's red P with silver plate, Kim Gordon's Thunderbird, Tina Weymouth's Mustang, Kira Roessler's blue Rick, Darcy Wretzky's black Jazz with star stickers, Kristen Pfaff's black on black P with Spock sticker, Josephine Wiggs Stingray, Jenny Lee Lindberg's white Rick, Cait O'Riordan's black/black/maple P with IRL sticker just a few that stick in my mind.

Also just as an FYI cuz I feel obligated as a transfem bass player, Women is preferable to Female, cuz we're so used to hearing female in contexts where people are deliberately excluding trans women.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2023 at 17:25, Vin Venal said:

I might be interested in one with bass playing women. 😊

Doesn't have to be just precisions either.

Carol Kaye's sunburst P with tort, Suzi Quattro's sunburst P with gold, Kim Deal's red P with silver plate, Kim Gordon's Thunderbird, Tina Weymouth's Mustang, Kira Roessler's blue Rick, Darcy Wretzky's black Jazz with star stickers, Kristen Pfaff's black on black P with Spock sticker, Josephine Wiggs Stingray, Jenny Lee Lindberg's white Rick, Cait O'Riordan's black/black/maple P with IRL sticker just a few that stick in my mind.

Also just as an FYI cuz I feel obligated as a transfem bass player, Women is preferable to Female, cuz we're so used to hearing female in contexts where people are deliberately excluding trans women.

Nice list! :)

Looks like that's the next project sorted then! 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...