Why become a member? ×

1980 Westbury Track IV - Japan - Matsumoku - Double Precision - Hardcase - *SOLD*
£395

hooky_lowdown

**** Postage Available *****

For sale is my very rare 1980 Westbury Track 4 Bass. Made in Japan by Matsumoku. Double Precision pickup tone monster. These were manufactured from 1978 - 1981.

Double cutaway lacquered Antique Walnut over solid Maple body, arched top, set-construction maple neck with dark rosewood slab fingerboard (looks almost ebony), recently cleaned and lemon oiled. Frets were crowned and polished, virtually no fretwear. Large pearlescent dot inlays. Black pickguard. The previous owner upgraded the machine heads to Schaller (Made in W. Germany). Double split P Alnico pickups. Black headstock with Triton "W" logo. Has some marks, scratches and dings commensurate with age, overall very good condition. SOLD.

IMG_20220318_135259379.thumb.jpg.13400439f072679eced435cba1cbcf69.jpg

Edited by hooky_lowdown
  • Like 24

Absolutely lovely and very unusual to see one of these - is it 34" scale?

Edit - oops, I think they're all long scale...

Edited by three
failure to undertake appropriate research

That's got to be a beast. I did 95% of the guitar on our last album on a 1979/1980 Westbury Standard. All the serious guitars in the studio racks, and there was nothing to touch it. Some phenomenal instruments came out of that factory around that time 

Thanks for that. Quandary now, width great, too heavy but it looks fabulous! A mate of mine used to have a Westbury guitar cutaway. That was a great guitar. He still regrets selling it and that was 35 years ago.

I'll don my heaviest bass for an hour and see what happens!

• hooky_lowdown changed the title to Sold 1980 Westbury Track IV - Japan - Matsumoku - Double Precision - Hardcase