Why become a member? ×

Boss Katana for Bass

KellyS

43 minutes ago, Greg Edwards69 said:

I refer thee to the Rt Hon Alex Claber - it would appear that it's the power supply that make the most difference.

I seem to remember it being explained more recently in more depth but can't remember who by, may have been Alex or BFM. Essentially embelished on that post in that the class of the power amp isn't particularly significant.

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/04/2022 at 20:25, Bruce Girdler said:

I have the 210 combo and it gets plenty loud and has punch in the lower notes that most class d combo's lack.I like it a lot

Just out of interest, do you notice any fan noise when using the amp at household volume levels?

I am thinking about getting the Katana Bass later in the year but a noisy fan would be a deal breaker.

Im a fan of the 6 string stuff. Not for me tho. The amp sounds like a bad 90,s korg pedal in person imo. They should have taken the route of the 2nd amp, Nextone where it concentrated the focus on emulating 2 or 3 different tube types and configs instead a catalogue of unusable effects. For me more than anything it seems tuned the same as their guitar speakers, sounds similar if you plug a bass into a a 2 x10 katana. lacked the rounded low end.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone who has one, can you check and see if the power supply is hardwired for 240V, or if it's a universal 110V-240V one? I've flicked through the manual and I don't see any mention of it. 

This might affect my decision to purchase one because... reasons. ;)

38 minutes ago, Russ said:

For anyone who has one, can you check and see if the power supply is hardwired for 240V, or if it's a universal 110V-240V one? I've flicked through the manual and I don't see any mention of it. 

This might affect my decision to purchase one because... reasons. ;)

This is all it says on the back of mine...

20230117_160803.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...