Why become a member? ×

Just one more reason Reverb is number one...Aria Diamond Series DMB 380 Bass Scarce Hot Pink Finish

jd56hawk

On 14/03/2022 at 21:53, binky_bass said:

Proper Univox Highflyer vibes.

AFAIK the Hi Flyer was the same as Aria's Diamond Mosrite wannabe, but with different pickups.

Tried one of these reissues years ago, nice bass, like most modern Arias. Wasn't any £600 new!

36 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

The main difference being you're not getting the bass. Care to elaborate further?

For a start it doesn't seem to be available in the UK. Probably something to do with lending laws or something as it is a credit broker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodinblack said:

For a start it doesn't seem to be available in the UK. Probably something to do with lending laws or something as it is a credit broker.

I presume you're talking about Affirm rather than the bass? I don't know what Affirm is and I have no interest in it.

Yeah, PayPal gets a lot of criticism, some of it justified, but we're talking about a relatively cheap bass and a simple international purchase.

If the buyer wants it, go get it by whatever means necessary.

14 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I presume you're talking about Affirm rather than the bass? I don't know what Affirm is and I have no interest in it.

Yeah, PayPal gets a lot of criticism, some of it justified, but we're talking about a relatively cheap bass and a simple international purchase.

If the buyer wants it, go get it by whatever means necessary.

Yes, thats what I meant. i did a search on what affirm was, it is a credit system that is US/Canada/Australia only, so it isn't a surprise it wouldn't be accepted here. 

I don't see what the issue is, if you want something and you can afford it, you get it however it is available, and with Reverb I assumed you can just pay through them, so not sure what the issue is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

The main difference being you're not getting the bass. Care to elaborate further?

One reason, with Affirm, I can get a bass that price for $45 a month.

Another reason, i have eleven basses, four with jazz pickups,  and don't really need another one that badly.

Final reason, I tried to buy it using PayPal today but it keeps punting my preferred method of payment...which it's never done before, so I'm working on it.

Edited by jd56hawk

19 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Reverb is number one?

Do people actually buy from it? I've never seen one affordable item there.

15 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

I've bought one thing from it and sold two thing on it. But I find I rarely get sales from it or rarely find good deals on it. 

Same here, I've had an account with them for 3 or 4 years now but have never seen anything on the Reverb site that I couldn't get cheaper, sometimes significantly so, from the various reputable online instrument shops. I've never listed anything on there to sell but my assumption is that their commission fees must be really high. Obviously that's only in regard to new items, anything used is up for the seller to decide the price and as we all know, some used prices are realistic and some are not. I have only ever made one purchase, a used pedal, but it was immaculate, at a bargain price and only a few miles down the road so I couldn't pass it up! 

I have had an account with them for ages. Since brexit it is obviously less use than it was, but I generally can't find much on there. It does seem a way of pushing prices up. I bought a gibson the paul for £400 a few years ago, I looked on there as I had a spam that there was a gibson marauder for £1200 (which is an 80s budget bolt on gibson), so I looked up the paul, and ones worse than mine without the case were up at £1500. Which is daft.

5 hours ago, stewblack said:

Reverb is number one?

Do people actually buy from it? I've never seen one affordable item there.

$900 Italia Imola for $425.

$2,000 G&L for $1,350.

Both mint...another way of saying better than new.

Just two of the nine basses I bought from Reverb...every single one better than most of the stuff I see at Sweetwater, AMS, Zzounds, Guitar Center, Sam Ash, etc.

Other than that, I see great deals all the time...can't even begin to count them.

(Just did an extensive search...no one else has either bass for sale, not even for the inflated prices so many sellers are demanding these days.)

Picsart_22-03-09_10-05-59-000.jpg

Picsart_22-01-06_19-41-02-683.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk