Why become a member? ×

Nate Mendel Fender Precision Bass £700 - *SOLD*
£875
Blackpool Lancashire

Bluepigbass

12 minutes ago, walshy said:

Absolutely mega basses these. I’d guess 4.1kg and 40mm nut

The weight varies - I’ve had two, both were heavier and I moved them on as a result. One was 4.5 it had the Badass on it and the second 4.3kgs with the high mass although I’ve heard that there are ones under the 4kgs mark. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ash said:

The weight varies - I’ve had two, both were heavier and I moved them on as a result. One was 4.5 it had the Badass on it and the second 4.3kgs with the high mass although I’ve heard that there are ones under the 4kgs mark. 

Yeah I’ve had lots of these, never had a mega heavy one. 3.9-4.1 ish of the ones I can remember. Good basses. Think the later necks had reinforcements in as early models had a few issues. Not all of them but some.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ash said:

The Nut width is 40mm, the weight according to bathroom scales guesstimate is around 4 kg cannot be more accurate at present but it is a light bass. I got it so that I did not have to bear the weight of my 78 pbass on 2 hr shows.I will get hold of some suitcase scales to take a more accurate measurement of weight 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bluepigbass said:

I have no idea of age it came to me second hand, is there a way to determine age on these ?

Throw the serial number into the Fender serial number decoder. That should give you a year. 😁

Edited by Nickthebass

On 24/03/2022 at 21:06, Bluepigbass said:

I have no idea of age it came to me second hand, is there a way to determine age on these ?

On the back of the headstock, underneath the G string tuner is a serial number. You can see it in your first photo but it is too blurred to read.

The serial number looks something like this: "MX19003133". The first two digits following "MX" (which stands for "Made in Mexico") tell you the year the bass was made in. 

As mentioned, a few more photos, especially showing the finish better (some are more reliced, some less and I am more interested in the less reliced ones) would be helpful.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bluepigbass changed the title to Nate Mendel Fender Precision Bass £850
On 26/03/2022 at 11:00, Eldon Tyrell said:

On the back of the headstock, underneath the G string tuner is a serial number. You can see it in your first photo but it is too blurred to read.

The serial number looks something like this: "MX19003133". The first two digits following "MX" (which stands for "Made in Mexico") tell you the year the bass was made in. 

As mentioned, a few more photos, especially showing the finish better (some are more reliced, some less and I am more interested in the less reliced ones) would be helpful.

Any news on the serial number?

• Bluepigbass changed the title to Nate Mendel Fender Precision Bass £700 SOLD