Why become a member? ×

Fender Musicmaster Bass 1979 £850 - *SOLD*
£875
Lancaster

ash

A lovely late 70’s Fender Musicmaster bass in pretty good condition. It’s been around the block having been gigged and well played over the past 40 plus years. It’s got the usual break at the output socket - repaired with a washer, matching serial number under the scratchplate and the pots look to have been replaced but the caps, knobs and wiring is original. It is light and weighs around 3.6 kgs and despite its simple bridge intonates well. I have strung it with D’Addarios 50-105 short scales which means it plays well with a tighter tension and less boomy sound. The original ‘Strat’ pickup is included but I have fitted a custom made ‘Mojo’ pickup designed and wound with the correct pole piece spacing for a four string, this certainly beefs up the tone. The pickup was made to order in the UK and cost a further £73 shipped. All hardware is original with tarnishing to the chrome. 

Alas the bass has no case so I’d prefer pickup in person if possible or I can ship at buyer’s cost with the neck removed. 

No trades and I’m afraid UK only. 

Edited by ash
  • Like 6

• ash changed the title to Fender Musicmaster Bass 1979 now sold