Why become a member? ×

Wiretap Song Names

Boodang

Is anyone else enjoying the names the Wiretap app gives to recordings?!

With names like Boogie the Bird, Elk and Emotions, Uptight like a really public thing, Bird 'n Sorcery, Hack my Punk.... it's quite fun.

The music we're doing is instrumental so this is working out great for choosing song names as normally they're just called things like 'that Dorian riff in D we wrote at Christmas'.

19 minutes ago, Boodang said:

The music we're doing is instrumental so this is working out great for choosing song names as normally they're just called things like 'that Dorian riff in D we wrote at Christmas'.

I know of a band who get together each week (or whatever) and compose and arrange an instrumental track. At the end a band associate comes in, listens to the track and gives it a title. He’s good with words…. fanzines and so on.
Then pub I think.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

Yes, those names sound good! But what is Wiretap?

TC Electronic Wiretap is a 'riff' recorder. 20220313_202056.thumb.jpg.fdb02f8f3bae288d87780ce2257688f7.jpg

It's not a looper, just a mini pedal sized recorder... quite awesome. It connects with an app using bluetooth, the app assigns names to recordings, hence the thread. 

• Thanks 1