Why become a member? ×

Do We Need a Short Scale Bass Sub-forum in the Basses For Sale Forum?

Obrienp

Do We Need A Short Scale Sub-Forum in Basses for Sale Forum?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a Short Scale Basses sub-forum in the Basses for Sale forum?

• I would advertise there within the next 6 months
    • I would definitely browse a short scale forum
    • I don’t need a short scale sub-forum

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/22 at 09:57

20 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

So just short scale? So is that anything less than 34, or do we need a medium scale, and is that 32? so I guess that a short is going to be 30. how about 31, is that medium or short? I have a 27" bass, is that short or super short? Now we can have rics, so they are less than 34" so I guess they are medium scale? I have a 33" bass as well, so is that medium or long. How about a dingwall, they go to 37 so must be super long, but wait, they are a multiscale so they also go to 34, so I guess they are long. But then my EhB goes from 34 - 32, is that medium or long, or is it a medium multiscale, but then there is a short EhB, goes to 30, so is that short, or is it medium or is that a short multiscale? Or do we need another few categroies for multiscale scale?

Or maybe we could have a slider, with the minimum and maximum permitted scales of any string?

No. You'll be wanting a sub-forum. The one for Multi-scale basses. 😄

50 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

I think that there should be a cheap bass subforum (sub £100-150 maybe) for us poorer bass players 🤔

There's an excellent Peavey International on the Facebook UK bass marketplace. US made and looking pretty tidy for £150

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, neepheid said:

"Frothing"? Charming. Unless in this context it means "people not saying what I want to hear".

No, it means people getting hot under the collar about something trivial that will have no adverse impact on them anyway.

2 hours ago, mikel said:

No, it means people getting hot under the collar about something trivial that will have no adverse impact on them anyway.

Like frothing because other people express an opinion?

Just to be clear, if it happened, which it won't, it would affect everyone who used the marketplace in some way so everyones opinions would be valid.

• Like 2

Small catch with that one.

When a bass is price-dropped, it may move from one sub-forum to another,  causing potential buyers to lose sight of it temporarily. More work for the mods, too.

Human nature being what it is, it'd likely lead to a glut of instruments priced at £749... 🙄

2 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

What's wrong with that? If they're not worth that much then they won't sell.

If it were to happen,  the ones that didn't sell would sit there "clogging up" the forum, creating more to sift through. 

It could just as easily happen in the bottom end of the >£750 forum, with sellers trying to avoid dropping into the <£750 forum. 

Creating an arbitrary division in the for sale forum is likely to be just that. Divisive.

On 15/03/2022 at 11:53, Woodinblack said:

Like frothing because other people express an opinion?

Just to be clear, if it happened, which it won't, it would affect everyone who used the marketplace in some way so everyones opinions would be valid.

Errr no it wouldn't, quite the opposite. Judging from the posts so far most people have no time for short scale so the market place would be freed up of those adds.

40 minutes ago, mikel said:

Errr no it wouldn't, quite the opposite. Judging from the posts so far most people have no time for short scale so the market place would be freed up of those adds.

I really shouldn't get drawn in... but... would you care to point out where anyone (apart from the post before yours that was in jest) has even hinted that they have no time for short scales. 

I have several short scales, and medium and long. I just don't see any need for a separate sub forum in sales. 

No frothing or getting hot under the collar here, just an answer to the question posed. 

Apologies if it wasn't the answer you wanted to see. 

• Like 1

That is kind of what I want to do when I have got the time to do it, but honestly, you would be surprised how hard it is to get people to fill in a set of compulsory fields!

The best deal I got on ebay was a guitar that was listed in "Business, Office & Industrial  >  Test, Measurement & Inspection". And they spelled the make and Guitar wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

How hard would it be to implement a set of compulsory fields to each bass for sale?

Price, string count, scale length, active/passive would cover the biggest divisions.

You missed "weight".  Surely the most asked question in the F/S section.. 😉

20 hours ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Small catch with that one.

When a bass is price-dropped, it may move from one sub-forum to another,  causing potential buyers to lose sight of it temporarily. More work for the mods, too.

Human nature being what it is, it'd likely lead to a glut of instruments priced at £749... 🙄

Darn it. You're right.