Why become a member? ×

Tecamp puma combo 212 price drop £450 - *SOLD*
£550
Retford

Creeper

A spectacular Tecamp combo, I’ve swapped out the stock Sica speakers for a pair of Faital Pro PR320 8 Ohm speakers so you get the full 500 watts without an extension cab, it does mean that you can’t plug an extension cab in though, not that you would need one!

This is about as loud and as light as you can get for a combo with this amount of power.

Also comes with the original Sica 4 Ohm speakers if you wanted to return it to its original state, although I much prefer the Faital Pro, they were recommended to me as an upgrade by the Tecamp guys in the US.

Also includes original Tecamp padded cover

E9DBE2FE-64D7-4EE4-A8CC-46F706E83C00.jpeg

8F6373AC-C92A-4799-ABC5-6A9AF5A3CB89.jpeg

9E3E398A-3771-466B-A373-79FD54CA5C10.jpeg

Edited by Creeper
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Creeper said:

a pair of Faital Pro PR320 8 Ohm speakers so you get the full 500 watts without an extension cab

A great combo these, have one myself, but intrigued by the speaker change. Did you have to change the wiring configuration from series to parallel if the original are 4ohm?

7 hours ago, jbu09 said:

A great combo these, have one myself, but intrigued by the speaker change. Did you have to change the wiring configuration from series to parallel if the original are 4ohm?

Yep put these in parallel to get it down to 4ohm, sounds great

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jbu09 said:

Can I ask, did the speaker change affect/change the tone or characteristics, or just the power output?

To my ears the Sica speakers were a little too dark, when I got the amp it had some Celestian 8 Ohm speakers installed and I decided to put the originals back in to return it to its original state, however I preferred the celestian, I did some research and emailed Tecamp in the USA who suggested the Faital pro’s which I love, very clear, punchy and loud. I could have had some of the new Tecamp speakers shipped over from the US but it would have cost a small fortune!

if I was going to play any larger venues id be keeping it, but in have a 12 inch Eich combo which is basically the same thing but smaller which will cover everywhere I will be playing now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Creeper said:

To my ears the Sica speakers were a little too dark, when I got the amp it had some Celestian 8 Ohm speakers installed and I decided to put the originals back in to return it to its original state, however I preferred the celestian, I did some research and emailed Tecamp in the USA who suggested the Faital pro’s which I love, very clear, punchy and loud. I could have had some of the new Tecamp speakers shipped over from the US but it would have cost a small fortune!

if I was going to play any larger venues id be keeping it, but in have a 12 inch Eich combo which is basically the same thing but smaller which will cover everywhere I will be playing now.

Thanks for this.. and sorry to steal you thread (a little). I'm selling my big Mesa rig and contemplating what to downsize to. This option would have never occurred to me, so thanks for the tip..

On 16/03/2022 at 07:29, jbu09 said:This option would have never occurred to me, so thanks for the tip..

These are great combos, and of all (the many) I’ve had I’ve kept this the longest and is my favourite, as I said I wouldn’t be selling it if I thought I would use it again. The Eich 500 pro with the single 12 inch speaker I have will cover all my needs going forward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Creeper changed the title to Tecamp puma combo 212 price drop £500
  • Creeper changed the title to Tecamp puma combo 212 price drop £450
  • Creeper changed the title to Tecamp puma combo 212 price drop SOLD