Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR 1205 Premium 5 string *PRICE DROP £575* - *SOLD*
£650
Melton Mowbray

28mistertee

Ibanez SR 1205 Premium 2014 in good all round condition, a couple of minor marks but nothing major. Really underrated basses with the Nordstrand big singles which sound fantastic. Bought beginning of first lockdown off of a fellow Basschatter along with another very similar model with the intention of gigging them both together. They work fantastic as a pair but as I haven't done anything musically other than the odd band rehearsal since Covid struck I am reluctantly putting them both up for sale. Cash on collection preferred.

-34" scale

-Nordstrand Big Single pickups

-24 fret rosewood fingerboard with mother of pearl inlays

-16.5mm string spacing

-45mm nut

-305mm neck radius

-Mahogany body with an Ovankol/Maple top

-Bolt on 5 piece Wenge/Bubinga neck with KTS titanium rods

-EQB-IIISC 3-band eq w/Eq bypass switch & Mid frequency switch

-Volume, Blend, Bass, Mid, Treble with switchable mids between 250 or 600hz

-Dunlop straplocks fitted

-Comes with Ibanez Premium padded hardcase.

sr1205-1.jpg

sr1205-2.jpg

sr1205-3.jpg

sr1205-4.jpg

Edited by 28mistertee
Sold
  • Like 12

• 3 weeks later...

Just bumping this up for Mark. I bought the SR1805 from him last week and its an incredible bass to play, fast, low action with a fairly slim neck. The Nordstrand pups are as good as anything I've heard..to my ears anyway! and I own Status/Musicman/Warwick basses..

This is the first 5 stringer I've ever owned and tbh it didn't take me long to get used to the extra string and the neck.

These basses are superbly made and this current one should be virtually the same as the one I bought so whoever buys it will be very pleased. 

Glwts Mark.....not a lot of money for a hell of a lot of bass that's for sure.

• Like 3

On 30/03/2022 at 12:57, Woody1957 said:

Just bumping this up for Mark. I bought the SR1805 from him last week and its an incredible bass to play, fast, low action with a fairly slim neck. The Nordstrand pups are as good as anything I've heard..to my ears anyway! and I own Status/Musicman/Warwick basses..

This is the first 5 stringer I've ever owned and tbh it didn't take me long to get used to the extra string and the neck.

These basses are superbly made and this current one should be virtually the same as the one I bought so whoever buys it will be very pleased. 

Glwts Mark.....not a lot of money for a hell of a lot of bass that's for sure.

Thanks for that Steve, hope the first gig with the 1805 went well. I told you you’d enjoy it 😉 Great to meet you mate and thanks for the blinding review 😊

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, glassmoon said:

One of those "darn, I wish I'd never sold that one" basses... huge sound from those Nords - and killer playability!

GLFYS!!!!

I think I’ll end up with sellers remorse if things pick up again, I concur these play better than a lot of basses twice the price.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 28mistertee changed the title to Ibanez SR 1205 Premium 5 string *PRICE DROP £600*
  • 1 month later...
  • 28mistertee changed the title to Ibanez SR 1205 Premium 5 string *PRICE DROP £575*
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 28mistertee changed the title to Ibanez SR 1205 Premium 5 string *SOLD*