Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Cort A5 Plus SCMS multiscale 5 string with US Bartolini pickups and EQ
£1000
Hampshire

franzbassist

Still out of work so this is next up for sale.

IMG_1973.thumb.JPG.a3a50c015f2d8ae06d5894bf5be1635f.jpg.d3dacc829fef1828a9ab2fda36e32c8d.jpg

I picked this wonderful bass up in the autumn last year.  I love the weight (4.17kg or 9lb 3 oz) and feel of it, and the multiscale neck really evens out the tone and string tension.

It has a swamp ash body with a spalted maple top stained a grey colour.  The through neck is 5 piece maple and panga panga (wenge relative), with a panga panga fingerboard.  The scale length is 34" to 36".

I have made the following changes, which have made an already very good bass even better:

i) rounded the edges of the nut so they are smooth

ii) replaced all the screws in the bridge units

iii) removed preamp and pickups and fully shielded the cavities, adding a new earth strip under the bridge

iv) installed threaded inserts in the pickup and control cavities, using new threaded bolts throughout

v) fitted US Bartolini HR-5.4AP/918 3 band preamp (volume has push/pull active/passive)

vi) fitted US Bartolini MK6CBC pickups, using six string version to ensure pickup sensing area was wide enough

vii) new black Dunlop straplocks and new black knobs

viii) customised chrome/black Hipshot tuners to give a Wal-like style

Bass comes with the very nice original hard case.  I am firm on £900 shipped in the UK.

IMG_1975.JPG

IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_1979.JPG

IMG_1980.JPG

IMG_1981.JPG

Edited by franzbassist
  • Like 8

• franzbassist changed the title to Cort A5 Plus SCMS multiscale 5 string with US Bartolini pickups and EQ
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • franzbassist changed the title to NOW £900 SHIPPED - Cort A5 Plus SCMS multiscale 5 string with US Bartolini pickups and EQ

Hi,

I've got the Cort A5 Plus SC with Mk 1 Bartolinis and 34" scale (standard stock bass).

I do find the B string a bit 'lacking'. Reading your description, the problem seems to be solved with the longer scale and the replaced Barts. Would you say this is the case and if so is your bass still for sale at £900?

38 minutes ago, Kaluker said:

Hi,

I've got the Cort A5 Plus SC with Mk 1 Bartolinis and 34" scale (standard stock bass).

I do find the B string a bit 'lacking'. Reading your description, the problem seems to be solved with the longer scale and the replaced Barts. Would you say this is the case and if so is your bass still for sale at £900?

Hello

Yes the bass is still available.  The B string sounds great on this bass, as do they all :)

• franzbassist changed the title to SOLD - Cort A5 Plus SCMS multiscale 5 string with US Bartolini pickups and EQ