Why become a member? ×

Orange Terror !

Pan

Hi Guys 

I have just ordered the Orange Terror 500 , but i'm unsure as which cab to get , its either the OBC112 or the OBC 115 , most of the reviews i have seen on youtube everyone seems to be using the OBC112 , am i missing something here ,will the OBC115 not work well with that amp ?

thanks v much in advance

John 

• 2 weeks later...

In this day and age, considering the power available from amplifiers, no one should still be using 1/4" phone plugs to connect between amplifier and cabinet. Never ever use an instrument cable for this duty!!

Edited by BassmanPaul
  • Like 1

I'm late to the party but just took collection of a new OTB 500 and will get to try it out today at practice .

Going into a 4ohm Genz neo 212.

Had the cab about 10 years and it's handled everything I have thrown at it over that time with lot's to spare.

Edited by Highfox

On 26/03/2022 at 08:47, BassAdder27 said:

The compression on it makes it sound tube like 

I thought this was tube pre-amp? My mk1 definately had two as I remember upgading them. I want to get an OTB again as I miss it dearly.

The Terror 500 with OBC112 was my choice as this combination is lighter than the old Trace Elliot BLX combo it replaced, not particularly bulky, and sounds good with BG.

It even works well enough with a pre-amp for DB. Just as well, as I don't have any other amplifier suitable for gigs, and even at rehearsals the drummer always wants lots of bass volume.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/03/2022 at 20:54, karlfer said:

OBT mk 11 with two OBC 112's, killer portable rig.

On 02/04/2022 at 21:42, knirirr said:

The Terror 500 with OBC112 was my choice

I‘m considering cab options for my OTB an 2 x OBC112 is a strong contender for the portability an flexibility. Can you get the full power out of the amp or do the speaker struggle to handle? Thx.

9 hours ago, CJPJ said:

I‘m considering cab options for my OTB an 2 x OBC112 is a strong contender for the portability an flexibility. Can you get the full power out of the amp or do the speaker struggle to handle? Thx.

Only if you wish to do illegal fracking 🤣.

Seriously even in the biggest non pa support gigs you will never struggle to be heard. The speakers do not struggle.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CJPJ said:

The 2 cabs are defo the way forward if portability is also a factor. Your ears will thank you for it. Its all about moving air. You,ll get more depth and punch from the 2 over one and you,ll be getting full beanz out of the head.

• Like 1

I ran my MK1 Terror (1k!!) into two 15s. They weren't Orange, but Markbass. I sold the lot for not much money and it was a very poor decision.

I recommend it but be warned it will be soooo loud. I couldn't turn it down enough for pub gigs, even big ones.

• Like 1