Why become a member? ×

B3N: Toggling patches?

Johncee

Recently acquired a B3N and trying to figure it all out....Please forgive me if I'm being a simpleton😀

I'm happy with the straightforward use of the various effects, but struggling with patches.

Specifically how to turn them on and off. I can get the patch up and turn individual effects within the patch on and off via the foot switches, but I can't figure out how to toggle the entire patch on and off. I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious, but any help would be appreciated!

Perhaps I mis-used the B3N or just didn't know what I was doing but I don't think there is a way to turn a patch off as such. You just select another patch. And if you don't want any patches with effects applied then just select a "blank patch". 

The manual is here - https://zoomcorp.com/media/documents/E_B3n.pdf . Page 8 discusses the effects and Page 16 the patches.

There are also manuals for:

Apologies if I've completely misunderstood.

For editing; you may find Tonelib Zoom easier than Guitar Lab (or editing via the pedal). It is a free download - https://tonelib.net/downloads.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johncee said:

Recently acquired a B3N and trying to figure it all out....Please forgive me if I'm being a simpleton😀

I'm happy with the straightforward use of the various effects, but struggling with patches.

Specifically how to turn them on and off. I can get the patch up and turn individual effects within the patch on and off via the foot switches, but I can't figure out how to toggle the entire patch on and off. I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious, but any help would be appreciated!

Do you mean the various effects / block within a patch, or changing from a patch to no patch?

If we say the middle row are footswitches- the metal ones, and the lower row are pedals  - the black paddles.

Individual effects and blocks you hold down the lower right pedal to go into Stomp Mode - you can then toggle on and off as required.

From a patch to no patch - quickest way is to set an empty patch up next to a patch and jump to that.

Otherwise hold down pedal 3, then press footswitch 1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bagsieblue said:

Do you mean the various effects / block within a patch, or changing from a patch to no patch?

If we say the middle row are footswitches- the metal ones, and the lower row are pedals  - the black paddles.

Individual effects and blocks you hold down the lower right pedal to go into Stomp Mode - you can then toggle on and off as required.

From a patch to no patch - quickest way is to set an empty patch up next to a patch and jump to that.

Otherwise hold down pedal 3, then press footswitch 1.

Thanks - I meant patch to no patch.

Thanks to all who replied. Looks like setting up an adjacent empty patch is the way to go!