Why become a member? ×

sfx Micro Thumpinator v1 high pass filter - *WITHDRAWN*
£85
Wokingham, Berkshire

crabman

sfx Microthumpinator, amazing little high pass filter or bandwidth optimiser, that removed all of the subsonic frequencies. 

I had a gig where my cab was making some nasty noises, so my research took me to this little thing. It is hard to say what it does except clean up a lot of aural anomalies and give your amp and cab much less to do. Suddenly the sounds clears up and your amp is louder when the volume dial is lower as they're not working so hard to make sounds you can't (or don't want) to hear.

There is a video on the sfx site (who now have a shallower v2 of the pedal). It does a good job of describing what this will do for you. Also check the forums as there are a number of devotees.

http://www.sfxsound.com/microThumpinator/

This thing is tiny with no controls, so I had it underneath my Pedaltrain Nano+ board for ages. The only reason it has come out is that I now has a Noble pre and that has an HPF built into it. As does my Berg Forte HP amp. So having three in the chain seemed overkill!

£85 for local pick up, ad a fiver for delivery.

Thumpinator.JPEG

Edited by crabman
Withdrawn from sale
  • Like 2

• crabman changed the title to sfx Micro Thumpinator v1 high pass filter

Apologies all who've PMed me but I've had a change of heart and decided to withdraw the Thumpinator.

I've checked the shelving on the Thumpinator and the Noble's HPF and the Thumpinator really just targets those low infrasonic frequencies with a steep shelf (36Db/octave under 25Hz) whilst the HPF on the Noble does a more gentle 6dB/octave but starts higher at 90Hz.

I think there is good reason to retain it in the chain and keep my 2xBB2s under control and working  a little less.

• Like 2

• crabman changed the title to sfx Micro Thumpinator v1 high pass filter - WITHDRAWN