Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Metro Will Lee 4 - Sunburst, Alder & Rosewood with case - Final price reduction & Trades added - *WITHDRAWN*
£1850
South Croydon

PTB

FURTHER FINAL PRICE REDUCTION - NOW £1,625 

I can hardly believe I'm writing this as this has been a mainstay of my rig for many years but post-lockdown, I find myself in different bands favouring different sounds from before. Having just bought a couple of lovely Stingrays, I really do need to downsize.......but I might be tempted to a trade (partial or whole) for a good 60's style P bass - Fender, Lakland, Limelight & Moollon all appeal - with cash balance if needed.

This is the signature bass of the great Will Lee, top NY session player and bassist on the US prime-time chat show, Late Night with Letterman for 20+ years.  It's made in Sadowsky's Japanese workshop and it differs from a regular Sadowsky Jazz in the following ways:

Sleek undersized body shape with different cutaway shape

22 fret neck

Hipshot D-tuner
Thicker headstock and graphite strips to reduce dead spots and create a more even response
1.45" nut width - narrower than usual

Custom Will Lee version of the legendary Sadowsky preamp with on/off mid-boost; choice of 500Hz or 800Hz, wide or narrow bandwidth

It weighs a very comfortable 8lb 12oz, is strung with nearly-new D'Addario ProSteels and comes with the usual Sadowsky case and paperwork.  Condition is mostly very good except for some "rash" on the side of the bass between the jack socket and strap button plus a small ding on the underside of the headstock and a thin but not deep scratch on the side of the bass that faces upwards when playing and is hidden under the player's forearm.  None of these are visible from the front and I've tried to show all three in the photos here.  Happy to show more photos if anyone wants something specific.

Collection from South Croydon or a meet-up not too far away is fine.  I'm happy to ship the bass but the buyer should arrange their own courier to collect from me.

IMG-8743.jpg

IMG-8744.jpg

IMG-8745.jpg

IMG-8746.JPG

IMG-8747.jpg

IMG-8748.jpg

IMG-8750.jpg

IMG-8752.jpg

Edited by PTB
WITHDRAWN FROM SALE
  • Like 13

56 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

I have a slightly later metro japan will Lee (different finish, era of pickups and Morodo fretboard) 

it it the benchmark I compare all other basses too - it’s exceptional 

Stop it!!

• Haha 1

• PTB changed the title to Sadowsky Metro Will Lee 4 - Sunburst, Alder & Rosewood with case - Price reduction & Trades added
On 20/03/2022 at 00:26, chris_b said:

I can't imagine any band where this wouldn't sound just right!!

that's what's exceptional about mine one of the same model - it just sounds right in any mix, and it's very hard to make it sound bad. 
I have no need for two though!

• Like 2

• PTB changed the title to Sadowsky Metro Will Lee 4 - Sunburst, Alder & Rosewood with case - Final price reduction & Trades added

A previous owner has got in touch and provided this video of the bass sounding great. Thanks Ari!

If there’s no interest by the weekend, I’ll withdraw this and keep it. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • PTB changed the title to Sadowsky Metro Will Lee 4 - Sunburst, Alder & Rosewood with case - WITHDRAWN