Why become a member? ×

Gillett Contour S fretless 4 - *SOLD*
£900
Southend on Sea

Frank Blank

FOR SALE GILLETT CONTOUR S FRETLESS - SOLD

Well here's a rare thing. Firstly I'll put a link to the Musicradar review of this bass.

Secondly I'll link to @scrumpymike's original advert.

Thirdly I'll quote @scrumpymike's spec from his advert...

Here's a short-list of key features:  Rosewood body; maple ‘C’-section neck — 41mm (1.6”) at nut, 54mm (2.13”) at 12th fret; sculpted ergonomic recesses for fore-arm and rib-cage/beer gut;  single active neck pick-up; thru-body stringing; adjustable nut; medium scale length = 31.75"; weight = 3.75kg.

Fourthly I will explain why I am selling. I purchased this from @scrumpymike a few weeks back. I have a fretless being built for me by @Jabba_the_gut but I wanted a fretless to tide me over until the Jabba bass was finished. I got it home, put in the rack and haven't played it since, I practice the fretless songs from our set on the fretted bass I have already acquired from Jabba, so this beautiful bass is sitting in the rack and gathering dust, something I don't like to see.

I paid £900 for the bass and £100 for the extremely funky, faux snakeskin, fur-lined hard case. I'll include the case in the sale.

There are a couple of minor scrapes in the traditional top of the headstock area, you can see the pic on Mike's original ad, otherwise it's in pristine condition.

Any questions or alternative photo requests (of the bass you hooligans) please PM me.

Happy for you to come over and try the bass out or to bring it to you (try me, I like driving). I'd go as far to say this bass is one of very few made (I think I'm right in saying that, no doubt @scrumpymike will tell me if not) and also that I don't think anymore are going to be made.

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 8

Whoa Francis! This one had me all aflutter a month or two back and now you're starting things all over again. A tad too far away for a test run I suspect but if you're free tomorrow bring it over to Osaka & I'll look after the entertainment. Otherwise if reality kicks in GLWTS. This one's a peach 😍

• Like 1

Michael Gillett took the idea of an electro-acoustic bass and re-invented it. These rare and exotic things are in a league of their own. I still have my two fretted Contours - a standard and an ST. GLWTS Frank!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so just read off the site that it has a piezo fitted. are they individual saddles or otherwise do you know? and are you up for any trades? many thanks in advance for definitely wanting the exact thing that i have to trade in!!! amazing how theses things work out with a bit of positive mind control..... repeat after me.... i want the stuff the adled lad is trying to trade no matter what it is.  m,mmmmm i definitely do!! m.mmmm. and 4-3-2-1 and you are back in the room with a massive desire to trade with adledlad!!!! m,mmmmm  x

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Frank Blank changed the title to Gillett Contour S fretless 4 - SOLD