Why become a member? ×

Incoming NBD - Bongo

AndyTravis

54 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Wow. Either you're an early starter or my calculations are wrong! I reckon you'd be 3 when you fell in love. 

Out of interest your missus wasn't in Brotherhood of Man was she?

Yeah. Nursery. 1987.

I bought her a valentines card when I was 6.

F60FE2A2-041B-4A4C-BA71-000D8902D0B7.jpeg

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Congrats to you both. That spare head on your shoulder is pretty snazzy too 😂

Kate (who took the photo) kept on shouting at folk for walking in on the photo. 

That guy didn’t get the memo.

9 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Kate (who took the photo) kept on shouting at folk for walking in on the photo. 

That guy didn’t get the memo.

I took the liberty of doing a quick edit to remove the head/s (unless you like being Zaphod Beeblebrox), I hope you don't mind.

IMG_0469 11.08.28.jpeg

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

You left his belly poking out of my arm 😂😂😂

Sorted(ish). I also touched up a couple of other things that I wasn't happy with (soft right shoulder, burnouts on noses and specs).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Sorted(ish). I also touched up a couple of other things that I wasn't happy with (soft right shoulder, burnouts on noses and specs).

can you take the stone off me I seem to have acquired around Christmas 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Duarte said:

It's one of my great regrets. I had 4 Bongos (this being the best one) and I couldn't keep track of where they all went!  

Did you track the others down? I remember coming to your place to buy that Bongo (brought my then brand new Classic Stingray with me). That particular Bongo has the added dimension of the piezo - gives it a cool additional flavour. 

40 minutes ago, drTStingray said:

Did you track the others down? I remember coming to your place to buy that Bongo (brought my then brand new Classic Stingray with me). That particular Bongo has the added dimension of the piezo - gives it a cool additional flavour. 

Yeah, I remember that. I've wanted a Classic SR ever since. That is more than a third of my lifetime ago, which is totally mad. - the other Bongos went to BC'ers and EB forum users, but in the last 10 years people have disappeared or the basses have changed hands too many times to count. I still have my trusty '93 Sterling, which is the single bass I've owned for the past 9 or 10 years. During lockdowns, I accumulated a gaggle of vintage Japanese basses, which are all over the Thai marketplace. That Sterling, though, will stay with me forever.

I do think the Bongo with Piezo works so beautifully. I believe that option has been discontinued for a while, sadly. 

• Like 1