Why become a member? ×

Incoming NBD - Bongo

AndyTravis

1 hour ago, ern500evo said:

There it is, along with my, also since departed, Stingray 

49F8D9F5-77BD-44D4-86F0-C4A897FBC6BD.jpeg

How is the HS? I have never played one. I am curious as DV247 have one in stock, also in black (not stealth) for £1,692. Sounds like a very tempting price, especially considering the "new normal" prices. It says "Showroom model/B-stock with replacement neck installed by distributor and scratches on pickguard".

1 hour ago, drTStingray said:

Excellent - and pre Brexit 🥴 bargains are often possible with luck and perseverance!! 

Agree, much more difficult to find good bargains but there is a small shop in Belgium that has a Bongo 4HH stealth black (NOS) for the equivalent of £1,900 and a Bongo 4H blue pearl (NOS) for £1,830. Ok, shipping costs would need to be added but VAT should not be an issue as the Belgium VAT would be taken out before purchase and before our UK VAT would be added at the time of arrival. Good news is that the Belgian VAT is 21%, so higher than ours!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

How is the HS? I have never played one. I am curious as DV247 have one in stock, also in black (not stealth) for £1,692. Sounds like a very tempting price, especially considering the "new normal" prices. It says "Showroom model/B-stock with replacement neck installed by distributor and scratches on pickguard".

To be honest, I played it mostly on just the bridge pickup. They’re awesome basses though. The preamp is so hot, small adjustments make big changes 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

I have the HSp, you can get a huge range of sounds out of it and, as others have said, the preamp is immensely powerful.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Well…

Its sat in a case. 

the SR5 sees more action than I thought it would.

and I have an absolute belting 4 in my Yamaha bb1500a (which sounds totally different).

After the battle to get it…

im not sure what to do.

The one there is not. The chase only there is.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Well…

Its sat in a case. 

the SR5 sees more action than I thought it would.

and I have an absolute belting 4 in my Yamaha bb1500a (which sounds totally different).

After the battle to get it…

im not sure what to do.

Don't get rid, you'll regret it. 

Leave it for a bit, then come back to it in a while when you need 'that' sound. We rarely get the opportunity to get our old squeezes back.

2 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Don't get rid, you'll regret it. 

Leave it for a bit, then come back to it in a while when you need 'that' sound. We rarely get the opportunity to get our old squeezes back.

Yeah - we’ll see. Not sure what’s happening with band or musical direction currently. We’ll see.

Think the itch of regular gigs (and current bands apparent lack of interest/drive) might lead me to need 5’s.

my birthday is in June and I turn 38, I want to be doing more.

1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

Yeah - we’ll see. Not sure what’s happening with band or musical direction currently. We’ll see.

Think the itch of regular gigs (and current bands apparent lack of interest/drive) might lead me to need 5’s.

my birthday is in June and I turn 38, I want to be doing more.

I'm the opposite - I find myself at a loose end, band-wise. I hope it will change soon but not having to fit basses into particular musical settings means I can keep hold of these basses I love that would normally have been sitting there redundant - from experience, an Aria SB has never quite worked for me in a band but I've recently picked up an old SB700 that I can enjoy on it's own merits. And it's a 1981 - YOB bass!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Please don't sell the Bongo. It was destiny that it found its way back to you and one does not mess with destiny 😉

I do.

you’re talking to a guy who pined for a woman 1987-2000 and married her in 2013.

I love a waiting game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

I do.

you’re talking to a guy who pined for a woman 1987-2000 and married her in 2013.

I love a waiting game.

Wow. Either you're an early starter or my calculations are wrong! I reckon you'd be 3 when you fell in love. 

Out of interest your missus wasn't in Brotherhood of Man was she?