Why become a member? ×

NPD: Ashdown Triple Shot

javi_bassist

Hi guys!

So I was in a music store in Madrid and they were selling the pedal at a really good price. I've always wanted one. The reviews in Youtube (the two or three...) were really good sounding, so I pulled the trigger.

First impressions were not that good. One of the knobs was loose and did bounce. The switch is kinda weird at first. Now I got used to it and it is fine. It's soft, but you have to pull it hard. It's difficult to explain, but it's fine. This is my main complain with Ashdown. I love them, but their products usually have some minor flaws that make them look "cheap". And they make really good products. Anyway, soundwise the pedal was...ok. I was kind of dissapointed.

Yesterday was my second day of playing with it and I spend much more time with it. I fixed the bouncing know and now it is perfect. Soundwise... it changed my mind. I am not used to adjusting different eq bands and that is why I was dissapointed. But when you learn how it works, it sounds incredibly good. BassTheWorld said that it was a similar concept to Darkglass but with a different sound. And I completely agree. It is more old school than the Darkglass (which I prefer). The options with the Triple Shot are impressive. You can get so many different sounds... So far, my favourite setting is distorting a little bit the bass and the treble, leaving the mids clean. But I'm just getting started. The only feature I miss is an Master Volume. I know it stands out of the concept of the pedal, but there is a signal increase when switching on/off. I will integrate in the FX loop of my HX Stomp so it is not really an issue for me, but I wanted to mention it.

I'd like to make some sound clips (I have to make sound clips for the Ashdown OriginAL) and I'd love to try the Velvet Compressor. I wanted also the Studio Compressor, but I can't have both!! 

20220302_182657.jpg

• Like 5