Why become a member? ×

F/S ACG J Type 4 (jazz style bass) - £895 - *WITHDRAWN*
£895
Chorley, Lancs., PR6

ead

ACG Standard J Type 4

For sale is this rather lovely (IMHO, YMMV etc.) ACG version of the classic Jazz bass, the pickups are closer to the 70s position.  Don't be fooled by the modest wood choice and appearance, this is a cracking Jazz bass that I thought that I'd never sell but as I'm moving to more and more fretless playing to help with some hand/wrist issues it will have to go.

The bass started life with the SEQ preamp, but after a couple of years I thought I'd go fully passive with a 4-way coil switch, so now you have the following options on top of the volume and tone knobs:  Bridge p/up only; both p/ups in parallel; both p/ups in series (particularly awesome); neck p/up only.

The bass weighs in at 3.6kgs (or 8lbs in old money) so very easy to use for long gigs.  It’s in great condition and will come with a good quality gig bag.  Very competitively priced at £895 please.

Spec

Strings/Scale: 4 34”

Body core:  White Limba with light amber/vintage stain

Neck woods:  3 piece Ash with carbon rods and asymmetric profile

F/B wood:  Rosewood

Radius:  Flat

Side dots:  White (might be aluminium but can't remember)

Bridge:  Hipshot Type B black

Tuning machines:  Gotoh GB720 black

Pickups:  ACG Over-wound SB single coil

Electronics:  Passive plus – Vol/Tone/4-position coil switch

I would be happy to deliver within a reasonable radius of home alternatively happy to meet somewhere approximately half way if you prefer for a contribution to fuel costs.  A courier remains the last resort.  I work from home most days so can accommodate most collection options.  I would leave it to you to organise your preferred courier.

There are some pics to follow below.  Please let me know if you’d like to see any other details.

Edited by ead
  • Like 12

• ead changed the title to F/S ACG J Type 4 (jazz style bass) - £895
  • ead changed the title to WITHDRAWN - Now F/S elsewhere ACG J Type 4