Manchester

tobiewharton

Fender Vintera P Bass
Sea Foam Green
Alder - Maple
44.5mm nut

20 frets

7.25" radius

No original gig bag with this (I think they're rubbish)

It is with a heavy heart that I need to sell most of my gear.  I've owned this bass from new and kept it pristine.  I made a decision some time ago to stop buying Fenders sight unseen.  I travelled to Blackburn to play this and it's just a great p bass - the neck is just very good.  Although must of my gigging requires a more versatile bass, I have gigged with this three times.

Currently strung with bedded-in flats. 

£550 and is priced to sell.

*Trade option added*

Yamaha BB734a in good nick, with cash my way. 

Will reluctantly courier at the risk, cost and trouble of the buyer, but would prefer to deliver.  Happy to drive 50 miles from Manchester for fuel costs. 

Ideally cash, but PayPal gift or bank transfer otherwise please

Thanks for looking, 

Tobie

20220225_124724.jpg

20220225_124743.jpg

Edited by tobiewharton
Extra information
  • Like 17

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, malikosbass said:

Looks beautiful..♡♡

Are they made in mexico ?

Or is it kind of China ..

I’ve owned one of these. It’s a very well made Mexican Precision. Lovely to play and sounds just like a 50’s P should. If you don’t have the cash for a Fender custom shop bass IMO this is as close as you will get. Alternatively the 50’s roadworn is the other option if you prefer a less perfect look.

The Vintera Ps retail  at over £1000 and the average selling price on eBay and Reverb is around the £750 to £800 mark. This is really well priced and a bit of a bargain IMO.

Edited by tegs07
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, tegs07 said:

I’ve owned one of these. It’s a very well made Mexican Precision. Lovely to play and sounds just like a 50’s P should. If you don’t have the cash for a Fender custom shop bass IMO this is as close as you will get. Alternatively the 50’s roadworn is the other option if you prefer a less perfect look.

The Vintera Ps retail  at over £1000 and the average selling price on eBay and Reverb is around the £750 to £800 mark. This is really well priced and a bit of a bargain IMO.

Thanks for the informations you gave here , i had few basses and guitars made in mexico in the past , no doubt they are good enough to start with as they sounds acceptable and ok for someone with limited budget ..but the new generation MIM looks well finished with decent sound that's fair enough...;)

• tobiewharton changed the title to Fender Vintera 50s P Bass, Sea Foam Green *sold*