Why become a member? ×

Pricing???

Philo

Hi there,

Is there any sites where you can get valuations for bass guitars? I know ultimately that any guitar for sale is worth only what someone is willing to pay but it would be handy to know a rough figure before selling (or keeping if that is the case).

With so many models and variants kicking about it's difficult to find any sensible information and I'd rather not go off the latest ebay prices.

Cheers,

The downside of soliciting answers is that those who own your type of bass will give you an unrealistically high figure, those wanting a steal will give you are knock down price.  You'd think the average of the 2 sets of prices would be about right... rarely happens, those with money in their pockets are the only 'true' indicators of value and that is likely to be ebay prices!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Personally I'd ask on here. Granted you're likely to get a million different opinions and a huge price range, but the upside is you can choose whichever price you like the best 👍🙂

And get yourself a warning in the process as it is against the rules, which I guess is why the question is being asked.

39 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

I don't know 😐

16. ( b )  Request an appraisal: Posts asking how much an instrument is worth are not allowed. In any case, the best way to work out the value of an item is to look at 'completed listings' on eBay, or search for the gear on Basschat.  Maybe a member who has sold the same item can give you some advice if you PM them.