• Nail Soup
    • leonard smalls
    • doctor J
    • Upside downer
    • skankdelvar
    • SH73
    • Andytravis

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/03/22 at 00:01

Congratulations to @SH73 who delivered a fine tune to grasp the January challenge win from a fine set of entries.

As was his privilege, he chose the following image for the February inspiration. 

Apparently only built especially for the occasion , purely to satisfy the insatiable Basschat choonsmithery  :D

image.png.fb0c127edea5756c136585312dcc17de.png

Please choose up to 3 of your favourites out of this tidy bunch 

1 @Dad3353  Suspense, suspense. There's Willy the chimp, hanging on; will he let go, to Panda to the whims of the Mock Turtle..? Not Mushroom for manoeuvre; he may get the Bird, or just stay planted there. Anyway, here's my clip...

@NickD    

So what is he up there for, and what can he see?

I've been doing tons of walking bass recently, while getting to grips with upright. The electric bass track on here was going to be a placeholder to be replaced with EUB, but it sounds good (to my cloth ears) as it is, so I decided to leave it.

3 Lurksalot     Its a bit of a story about Lego I guess, with of course a hefty reliance on some license on pronunciation .

4   @Nicko   The little red and white toadstool in the bottom left of the photo looks like a Fly Agaric mushroom (Amanita Muscaria) which is hallucinogenic (as well as being poisonous) which fits quite nicely with the rest of the photo, so I have adopted a theme of a substance induced dream.  I couldn't decide whether to do vocals or an instrumental so I ended up with a halfway house - somewhere between indie funk and an Oompah Loompah song.

5   @Nail Soup    Had to be the panda. I went with the 'pander' pun, and made the song about not pandering to big-heads who think they know best. Important note: It's not aimed at anyone on Basschat, where great advice is modestly given of course!

@Leonard Smalls      Started with lots of percussion, got a keys riff going, added some big guitars, then a pumpinslappy bass thing. After that, a final roll in glitter and 3 coats of varnish. It's not jazz, but it probably is an oddity! 

@Doctor J         A reflection of the superficiality of modern plastic society where little is of substance and little pandas stand beside big toadstools, probably taking selfies.

@upside downer      This is a jaunty little number with a sense of childlike swagger to it. I needed some small people to help me out so I got three of the grandchildren on vox to add to the vibrant feel that I hope the tune conveys. I don't think it's too sickly sweet but even if it is they had some quite splendid fun yelling into the microphone so all's good.

9 @skankdelvar             "It ain't what I've done, it's what they done to me"

At the time of going to press these are the contenders ....ed to add 

10 @SH73    Monkey in the Jungle (or is it?)

11 @AndyTravis     my first go at this  Thought process is that the little monkey in the tree is happy to play, the panda is worried about destruction of habitat…as he/she is on the ground and can see what’s really going on…     Should be apparent which passage is which…        ”ignorance is bliss”

Have a bit of fun with a listen to these , some serious some not so , but all excellent 

3 votes to play with 

deadline will be midnight on Monday 28th  

Edited by lurksalot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, SH73 said:

I believe I added the song before the poll went on 😭😁

The posting Time stamps show that I beat you by 24minutes :D

I have added 2 further entries, but luckily today I am having a day off to play lego, star wars and pokemon and lots of others childish activities that I can legitimately blame on grandlittlelurks!

If not it would have been tonight before I could get to edit the poll and it could get messy by then.

I won't get strict on this as it is for fun and it is a rarity , but you know the score ;)

1 hour ago, lurksalot said:

The posting Time stamps show that I beat you by 24minutes :D

I have added 2 further entries, but luckily today I am having a day off to play lego, star wars and pokemon and lots of others childish activities that I can legitimately blame on grandlittlelurks!

If not it would have been tonight before I could get to edit the poll and it could get messy by then.

I won't get strict on this as it is for fun and it is a rarity , but you know the score ;)

My monkey business is copywriting so if you are planning to copy....

9 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

It's a bit late to mention, but there's no link to this Voting topic in the February Compo Challenge topic. :( Just sayin'...

Ah yes , you can't get the staff , what an oversight , probably a bit late as you say, though all the protagonists have been tagged in.

Normal service will be resumed ...etc etc..

Must say though, that picking 3 votes from that selection was very difficult , should I say , narrowing it down to just 3 was the difficult bit :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

Congratulations to everyone who entered. You're all winners in my book.

Ta,

Skank :)

A brilliant entry sir , fnarr fnarr.

congrats indeed , I’m looking forward to see what you choose to inspire us with already 😁

• Thanks 1