Why become a member? ×

Shuker JJ Burnel Signature Precision Bass & Case Specific Trade Options Added - *SOLD*
£1750
Lancaster

ash

Beautiful luthier made signature Precision built in 2014, you all know what a great reputation Jon Shuker has and this is a superb example of his work. This comes with Shuker branded Hiscox case, specification list from Shuker, tools and JJ Burnell pick. It also has the signature of both builder and player on the headstock. 

This model differs from the standard JJ model slightly in that it has all black hardware, single ply scratchplate and ABM bridge. I purchased it from eBay very recently from the original owner, I had everything confirmed by Jon who remembered the bass and the slight changes from stock. It weighs 4.1kgs and has a 44mm nut width, the neck is superb and the bass balances perfectly. Neck depth is shallow and measures 18/19 mms at first fret and 22mms at the heel. I’m loathed to part with it because it is such a fantastic bass and because of the association with one of my first bass heroes. The combination of a wider nut width than I’m used to however and the fact I’m leaning towards medium scale instruments at the moment means it’s just not going to get played.

The bass is in the same condition as when I purchased it. There are a few scratches and marks to the finish but nothing structural or unsightly, it is in excellent condition. It has new Daddarios on it. I’m asking what I paid for as I think it’s a very fair price for one of these, a new version (without the signatures) would cost well over 2K and would come with a long wait! Frets are excellent, like new as they are steel, neck is straight and true, low action. No offers, no trades. I’d really prefer pickup for this.

U.K. only. More pics to follow, I’m in the middle of packing for my move so it’s currently in its case safely away from the chaos! 
Only trades to tempt me - a short-scale EB Stingray (US only) plus cash my way, a Ric 4003 or 4003s, a short/medium scale Precision with maple board plus cash my way. No other trades, sorry I will ignore anything else. PM me rather than put offers on this thread. I’d prefer cash and trade value I’d expect to be looking at an £1800 value on this. Cheers! 

Edited by ash
Pics and some trades added
  • Like 17

• ash changed the title to Shuker JJ Burnel Signature Precision Bass & Case Specific Trade Options Added

It’s a wonderful bass to play, the neck is really comfortable and the build quality is top notch. A hand made instrument for the price of a mass produced one, signed by a bass legend! 

• Like 2

• ash changed the title to Shuker JJ Burnel Signature Sold elsewhere