Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD - REDUCED - TO £375 or Trade Offers or similar (ish) value- Aria Pro 2 Interceptor Headless Bass MIJ
£500
Milton Keynes

Steve1967

This is my rare Japanese made ARIA PRO II Interceptor Bass Guitar! These are rare you can't find them often. 

I thought this may be useful for an 80's project which just hasn't happened so time to pass it on to someone who can make use of it.

Also open to potential trades, drop me a pm if you have something in mind. 

Iconic headless style bass.  Features volume and pickup selector knobs as well as 2 EQ knobs and active switch.

This one is in great condition and comes with its original hard case (inc keys).

There are a couple of really cool features about this bass. For one, you don't have to buy double ball end strings for this headless bass, you can use standard string (big plus). 
Another unique feature is that this is an active bass, but also can turned into a passive bass by the flip of a switch. Save your battery or just shut it off if needed.

With the active switch engaged it will give you a really sweet mid rangy bite. 

Quality ARIA Pro II make and sound. Cut body for easy lap playing. Fine adjustment tuners. Amazing tone. 24 FRETS! Well set action.

This is a really nice bass!

Collection or meet up within a reasonable distance of Milton Keynes preferred.

Any questions, just let me know.

Thanks for looking

image5.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

image4 (1).jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

IMG_2852.jpg

image0 (2).jpeg

Edited by Steve1967
  • Like 7

• Steve1967 changed the title to Aria Pro 2 Interceptor Headless Bass MIJ

Lovely bass. Not seen that model before but looks cracking. Presume a Matsumoku build? 

Unfortunately my current musical expenditure is focused on PA gear, otherwise I’d be sorely tempted. 

I don’t think this one will be available for long though. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wilco said:

I don’t think this one will be available for long though. 

Neither do I at that price. This looks in great condition. A proper bargain.

I do wish more 80s manufacturers had done the Status/Jack/Superheadless route of a full body rather than trying to go all Steinberger-minimalist. Mind you, the body on this looks a bit bigger than the Steiny cricket bat, which can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

Found this and thought it might help to hear how the bass sounds.

I used the Moises App to take the original bass out of the mix so what you hear is 100% this Aria.

Straight into mixer with no effects and everything set flat. 

Apologies for any iffy playing, but it gives you a good idea of what this bass can do.

Edited by Steve1967
  • Like 5

That's a proper rarity, seldom seen outside of old catalogues. Great price too - If I was a collector (which thank the Lord I'm not, Sir!) I'd snap it up myself - GLWTS!

On 24/02/2022 at 10:26, Rich said:

I do wish more 80s manufacturers had done the Status/Jack/Superheadless route of a full body rather than trying to go all Steinberger-minimalist.

Many of them did - they're just harder to find than the more popular Steiny-influenced designs. Aria even had a range of headless SB Integras - check out p3 of this 1986 catalogue.

Holy Grail for me (and I narrowly missed one right here a couple of months ago) would be a Washburn Force 42, preferably in this ultra-rare natural finish...

1922322538_Force42front.thumb.jpg.3fabc717e3f82a7becef4556b61f257d.jpg

I could go on - but this is @Steve1967's sale thread - someone buy his Interceptor!

Edited by Bassassin
Can't count.
  • Like 1

• Steve1967 changed the title to REDUCED - TO £375 or Trade Offers or similar (ish) value- Aria Pro 2 Interceptor Headless Bass MIJ
  • Steve1967 changed the title to ON HOLD - REDUCED - TO £375 or Trade Offers or similar (ish) value- Aria Pro 2 Interceptor Headless Bass MIJ