Why become a member? ×

*Last chance - trading in soon* Trace Elliot 1048H (4x10”) cab [£150] - *WITHDRAWN*
£800
Dudley - West Midlands

NT1991

Update - part exchanged towards a replacement so no longer available.

Due to me not gigging so much anymore I have decided to downsize my rig which means selling my beloved Trace Elliot, which has served me well through many gigs.  Due to the weight this is pretty much going to be a collection only job - I live in the Dudley borough of the West Midlands. 

The cab is in good condition (to say how much it was used back in the day) I’ve got some photos below for you to look at and if you have any questions just drop me a message.

Also included are the cover and original manual.

The cab: Trace Elliot 1048H (4x10”)

Now for the cab it is a classic 4x10 that packs a punch, it handles the full frequency range well and thanks to the 10” speakers it has the nice bite on the high end.

1959114423_TECabFront.jpg.ae36fff0d0bfbbdf5f74b6cbd57e74d7.jpg

990138253_TECabBack.jpg.781326a7fd46e87789bf4cb245711475.jpg

438051040_TECabBackpanal.jpg.acafbe145833763f44821b3ba84fdb25.jpg

Here are the specs:

800 Watts RMS, 8 Ohms.

Four 10" (254mm) special design Celestion speakers.

High frequency horn with variable attenuation.

Two Neutrik® Speakon® and two 1/4" (6.35mm) jack connectors.

Cabinet tuned, with central unobstructed slots, to 40Hz.

Lightweight poplar plywood construction.

Original classy black 'pimple' covered.

Metal handles and protective corners.

Dimensions (HxWxD): 26.9'' (682mm) x 24.2'' (615mm) x 17.1'' (435mm)

Weight: 76.3lbs (34.7kg)

TE Cab Front.jpg

Edited by NT1991
withdrawn from sale
  • Like 12

• NT1991 changed the title to Trace Elliot AH1200-12 + 1048H cab - £800 ONO (collection only)
  • NT1991 changed the title to *Price drop* Trace Elliot AH1200-12 + 1048H cab - £700 (West Midlands area)
  • NT1991 changed the title to *New price drop* Trace Elliot AH1200-12 + 1048H cab - £600 (West Midlands area)
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, JoeEvans said:

This is making me want to join a loud band so that I could justify buying it. Total bargain for a rig that would jingle the glasses in a pub three streets away.

Haha it is a mighty rig that has served me very well over the years. Definitely don't need to turn the volume up that much!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Very nice rig! These era cabs in particular are superb, great build quality and made of good quality birch ply. Also quite a bit lighter than the early era 1048's made of MDF / Chipboard. Sold all my Trace kit earlier this year and almost feels strange not having a Trace Elliot setup. Bit overkill for my purposes but its a total barg at the asking price if you are in the market for this kind of rig.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had the good fortune to play thru one of these rigs with the Glam covers band and it was by far one of the best gig sounds i've ever had.

Very very nice indeed.

GLWTS and at this price for a rig of this quality i'm surprised its still here.

Dave

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 27/04/2022 at 17:02, NT1991 said:

Haha it is a mighty rig that has served me very well over the years. Definitely don't need to turn the volume up that much!

I think if you're going to turn the volume up above about number five on this one it would be good to give a courtesy call to the National Seismological Laboratory, their equipment is pretty sensitive so they'll want to turn the gain down a bit before you hit a low E.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• NT1991 changed the title to *Final low price* Trace Elliot AH1200-12 + 1048H cab - £500 (West Midlands area)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • NT1991 changed the title to *Final price* Trace Elliot Rig AH1200-12 + 1048H cab - £500 [available separately] (West Midlands area)

Facking ludicrous!!

At £500 it's a steal - I bet it's loud as fucck and kicks the asss of everything else within 100m.

@NT1991, turn it up to 5 and let us all here how good this sounds!!

All of you without a TE need to put your hands in your pockets and buy this before this becomes a thing of legend..." I remember back in 2023...on that there Basschat forum...there was a Trace Elliot AH1200 head and a 4be10 cab for sale for £500...no really, there was....and you'll never believe this...it didn't sell, even though it was reduced from the original asking price of £800..."

"Stop laughing...it was I tell ya"

• Like 2

On 19/05/2023 at 21:12, TheGreek said:

Facking ludicrous!!

At £500 it's a steal - I bet it's loud as fucck and kicks the asss of everything else within 100m.

@NT1991, turn it up to 5 and let us all here how good this sounds!!

All of you without a TE need to put your hands in your pockets and buy this before this becomes a thing of legend..." I remember back in 2023...on that there Basschat forum...there was a Trace Elliot AH1200 head and a 4be10 cab for sale for £500...no really, there was....and you'll never believe this...it didn't sell, even though it was reduced from the original asking price of £800..."

"Stop laughing...it was I tell ya"

Haha thank you very much! Hopefully it can get a new home soon!

• NT1991 changed the title to *Final price* Trace Elliot Rig AH1200-12 [£350] + 1048H cab [£150] (West Midlands area)

Why has this not gone by now.

You wont get a much better rig for this kind of money. Its an absolute steal.

I had the luxury of playing thru one of these as a support band and it was one of the best sounding rigs i've used.

If i hadn't gone down the Mesa route i would have taken this in a heartbeat.

Surely this incredible offer has to go soon.

Dave

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bassman72 said:

It may be sold as I've not had a response to my PM

Hi, both the amp and cab are still currently available. I've just responded to your PM, currently on holiday so not able to check posts/messages that regularly.

• Thanks 1

• NT1991 changed the title to *Last chance - trading in soon* Trace Elliot 1048H (4x10”) cab [£150]