Why become a member? ×

Ashdown CL310-DH - opinions?

40hz

Evening all,

Anyone have any experience of this cab? I can find barely anything about it online - it seems to flew under the radar a bit, for what is quite a clever form factor/design.

A vertical array 3x10, with two way horn on top with 450w handling. Very PA-like and should make for good dispersion. A small footprint and wheels for moving, make it seem like it'd be an excellent gigging cab and a good improvement on a 2x10 (all things being equal).

Anyone?

67537-181258-Ashdown-CL-310-550w-3x10-Bass-Cabinet-1.jpg

Edited by 40hz

17 minutes ago, la bam said:

O think they're a lot heavier then need be. I think these come in at 30kg+ each?

Anderson's list it at 26kg, so heavier than I'd ideally like, myself, but I guess the wheels/castors on the rear would make it an easy schlep once out of a car or van.

Edited by 40hz

These always seemed a little but awkward looking to me. I wouldn't like to have a valve head perched on top of it. Apart from having the top speaker closer to your ears I don't see the big advantage of it over say a 4 x 10, 2 x 10 or 1 x 15 in terms of practicality  

• 3 weeks later...

I have one ,The bottom two speakers are ported & the top one is sealed ,I find it really easy to pull around , My RM 2 sits well on top ,My ABM also very stable sat on top but can look a bit odd / different ,I decide if I like it or not ,But the sound is fantastic ,I'm 6ft3 & it's the best set up I've had for near side monitoring , Personally I like a one cab solution for easy setting up & one less trip to the van ,I find it a lot easier to move than my old barefaced super 12t ,that was a lot lighter but I found it a lot more awkward to due to the handles & having to bend over if trying to use the wheels .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/02/2022 at 11:03, Quilly said:

These always seemed a little but awkward looking to me. I wouldn't like to have a valve head perched on top of it. Apart from having the top speaker closer to your ears I don't see the big advantage of it over say a 4 x 10, 2 x 10 or 1 x 15 in terms of practicality  

I have a CTM100 & it's very stable on top , I agree it looks odd but then if you were in an up & coming band everyone would want that look ;) .  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/04/2022 at 10:23, Kevin Dean said:

I have a CTM100 & it's very stable on top , I agree it looks odd but then if you were in an up & coming band everyone would want that look ;) .  

Sorry to revive an older thread. Kevin, did you need to relocate the feet on your CTM-100 or do they manage to fit on top? Like the sound of the combination?

Thanks!

22 hours ago, Kazan said:

Sorry to revive an older thread. Kevin, did you need to relocate the feet on your CTM-100 or do they manage to fit on top? Like the sound of the combination?

Thanks!

Hi ,  No the feet don't  fit I use a rubber matt .

• Like 1