Why become a member? ×

Reintroduction

NT1991

Hi All,

I actually joined this site many years ago when I was still at university, alas it is since long remained dormant. However as I am in the market to replace my amp (need to downsize) I thought this would be the perfect place for some advice and to hear about the latest gear and possibly sell my current rig.

Anyway, I'm Nathan and I've been playing bass since about 2008. I studied my degree and masters degree in music, played in a few bands one of which did ok for a few years and I got to play in front of a few thousand people. I'm a slight oddity in that I trained as a classical composer but only ever performed as a rock/pop/jazz bassist. I occasionally make videos on YouTube now as a hobby and I keep a blog about the music I'm listening to. I hope to get back into playing more over the coming months.

My current bass lineup consists of:
Ibanez EHB1505ms
Ibanez SR600
Fender Modern Player Telecaster Bass

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jolltax said:

Hi NT1991, as a bass newb that first Ibanez looks more like a spaceship to me than a bass, wowsers

🤣 it is certainly an interesting one! It's designed to be more ergonomic to play so whilst it might look odd it is a dream to play! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Richard R said:

I've been wanting to try an Ibby fan fret for a while. I've played my friend's Dingwall, and I can tell it makes sense, but 37" was just too long. And he wouldn't lend it to me for the 6 months I would need to acclimatise.

I think that they're releasing a 37" scale fan fret BTB to satisfy that lot. Personally I've found the 35"-33" perfect for me and a lot of fun to play. I'd definitely recommend trying one if you get the chance!

• Like 1