Why become a member? ×

"No women in the band"...

solo4652

Saw this ad on Facebook. See near the end.

Vocalist needed for hard rock band with a record contract,limos,50,000 a gig,free lose women and one of those ice cream makers that make that mr whippy type ice cream!!!!!…..minus the limo,50,000 a gig,and women,might be a 99 in it for you.

We are a guitarist,bass and drums,collective age of 486,doing rock and metal covers to start like gnr,AC/DC,Judas priest,black sabbath,Duran Duran etc etc,hoping maybe to do originals in the future,all professional musicians (that means we know the chords a,e and of course that hurty one on the 1st fret of the big thick string) looking for a vocalist with his own equipment,penis optional,we practice in Carmarthen when our guitarist isn’t working

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 22/02/2022 at 12:58, solo4652 said:

Here's the guts of the Bandmix profile:

INFLUENCES

All rock and I mean all influences from the 60's onwards. I do like most genres but would like to do original stuff that is influenced by the last 3 decades.I have played all the typical club and pub stuff. Everyone does the same old crap. I'm looking for musicians that just want to escape into oblivion. Use your knowledge and influences and make something else.

MEMBERS OF BAND

At present its just me - guitarist, songwriter, singer,bit of keyboards and drums.
Looking for anyone who wants to shake off the cobwebs. Ideally i'm looking for musicians who can play and do vocals as well.
Don't call me if all you've played in C&W. Don't call me if all you want to do is play your instrument and look at your foot pedals it's boring!!
No women in the band.

Sounds like an 'donkey' to me.

I can't stand 'lads'/'blokes' band, it's like you've inadvertently turned up at a Roy Chubby Brown gig. 

...so I'd not bother with that one 🙂

55 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Sounds like an 'donkey' to me.

I can't stand 'lads'/'blokes' band, it's like you've inadvertently turned up at a Roy Chubby Brown gig. 

...so I'd not bother with that one 🙂

What constitutes a "lads/blokes band"? Would that include The Beatles, The Stones, The Jackson 5, The Temptations, The Monkees etc?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

Manfred Mann - hate crime central.

😲 Considering my nearly 40 year connection with Manfred, I never realised what an outrageous misogynist he obviously is. But there it is, as bold as brass! Needless to say, I'll be having words and reconsidering my position🤔

• Like 1

I'm not sure anyone is as annoyed as keeps being suggested. That's a bit like the culture war narrative of 'all these woke milenials are forcing us to cancel christmas and call it winterval and eat vegan sausage rolls and not call anyone Mrs'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SumOne said:

I'm not sure anyone is as annoyed as keeps being suggested. That's a bit like the culture war narrative of 'all these woke milenials are forcing us to cancel christmas and call it winterval and eat vegan sausage rolls and not call anyone Mrs'.

As a 60s kid, that whole culture and use of internet trendy statements, make me cringe. lol :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, andy67 said:

As a 60s kid, that whole culture and use of internet trendy statements, make me cringe. lol :D 

Well, it's sort of the point I'm making - that they are over the top cliche statements about how people think others get overly offended nowadays when the reality is that not many people are actually offended by those things.

Aparently the Winterval/cancel christmas thing was in the Daily Mail 44 times, and the The Times and The Sunday Times mentioned it 40 times before the papers needing to admit that it's a false story where no-one ever had any intention of cancelling christmas. People enjoyed getting reading stories and getting annoyed by ficticious liberals getting annoyed though, us vs them.

I haven't really seen people on this thread genuinely be upset and angry about that ad saying 'no women', they're just discussing how it makes the bloke (assuming it's a bloke?!) sound a bit of a kn0b.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SumOne said:

Well, it's sort of the point I'm making - that they are over the top cliche statements about how people think others get overly offended nowadays when the reality is that not many people are actually offended by those things.

Aparently the Winterval/cancel christmas thing was in the Daily Mail 44 times, and the The Times and The Sunday Times mentioned it 40 times before the papers needing to admit that it's a false story where no-one ever had any intention of cancelling christmas. People enjoyed getting reading stories and getting annoyed by ficticious liberals getting annoyed though, us vs them.

I haven't really seen people on this thread genuinely be upset and angry about that ad saying 'no women', they're just discussing how it makes the bloke (assuming it's a bloke?!) sound a bit of a kn0b.

Yeah I got that from you. It's all this new internet use of or hijacking words that mean other than what they are currently being used for. The Mail, Express & Sun are awful for their use of the false narrative. All you need to do is look at the way the Scottish Government is portrayed by these rags in the south when in actual fact the truth is substantially different from the printed nonsense. E.G. Scot Gov to stop Brexit! 

Edited by andy67
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, SumOne said:

they're just discussing how it makes the bloke (assuming it's a bloke?!) sound a bit of a kn0b.

Interesting thing that noone has brought up. What if the advert is from a woman, it doesn't say. Seems unlikely though.

Also it could actually be a factual statement. I could say that about my band - there are no women in the band. Nothing against there being any, there just currently aren't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

Interesting thing that noone has brought up. What if the advert is from a woman, it doesn't say. Seems unlikely though.

Also it could actually be a factual statement. I could say that about my band - there are no women in the band. Nothing against there being any, there just currently aren't.

"No women in the band" The only way the comment, if made by a woman,  could really make sense is if it was made by someone from outside of the band.

• Like 1