Why become a member? ×

Notifications stopped working?

neepheid

Question

1 minute ago, Velarian said:

Yes, I’m getting quote notifications too, and mentions as well. So, reactions, quotes and mentions seem to get notified but where a a thread is being followed either by posting a response or explicitly following it, those are not being notified. 

Hey, I just got a notification! ;)

• Like 1

I dont seem to be having these notification problems.  I'm getting emails regarding PM's and also the PM notification at the top and also any that regard quotes and followed threads.

Just for the record,  i dont use a moblie.   It's laptop, Win 10, Firefox, default white theme.

On 22/02/2022 at 12:52, BigRedX said:

No notifications for me either. I wonder if it is linked to the server running out of space?

I've also had two posts stall on the "saving" stage and although they have appeared in the thread, neither have turned up in my list of posts and reactions in my user profile.

I'm (not) getting exactly the same..

I've not had a notification since Monday afternoon. 

I use the default theme on both mobile and desktop.

Edit: as above, when answering a topic I'm having to refresh the page for it to appear. Otherwise it just hangs at 'saving'.

Hope this helps a bit.

Edited by Marvin

The notifications and the slow postings are two sides of the same issue. The posting accesses a list of people who are waiting for a notification to notify them that something has changed. For some reason that is failing. Either to do with the update or a problem when the server ran out of space, I currently don't know but hopefully I can find out soon!

• Thanks 5

Just a 'sorry for the continued delay' post - I assume it is the server out of memory that caused the problem as there have been no notifications for new replies sent since 14:19:46 on the 21st, and the server was updated the day before that.  So notifications for messages, likes, and all the rest are still there but no notifications for new replies are going through (which is related to the delay in posting).

So I know where, I know what, if only I could work out why, it would't be an issue!

- edit - worked out the why!

- edit 2 - and hopefully the why is fixed. Now just the delay left

• Thanks 1